Does anyone have "weekly calories"?

Options
I've done WW for years on and off to lose weight, and was always successful, but am trying MFP this time bc their new program is annoying me (fruit and veg free, way more points for fats and sugar). One of the things I really like about WW is the "weekly points", because I could work in a date night and not feel guilty or mess up my weight loss. Does anyone have a method for doing this kind of thing on MFP? Should I eat slightly under my target and save like 500 calories extra for one day? I would love to know how everyone manages this kind of thing. Thanks!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally.

You can view your weekly calories on the app. Go to Diary>Nutrition>Calories/Kilojoules then set the view to Week.

Lots of people bank calories for the weekend, or special occasions. It's also handy so you can see if you're eating too much or too little overall. I view my Nutrition that way all the time.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Weekly is the only way I can succeed. If I go way over I feel I have wiggle room to correct it on other days.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    We all have weekly calories
  • Raegold
    Raegold Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I didn't realize I could view my calories like that!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm trying that out this week.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I use MFP for the database and then put my numbers into a spreadsheet that averages out twice a month. I find it much less stressful that way.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under my calories for the week, which allows me to go over on the days I don't exercise, because I never make up for my calorie deficit on days I do exercise. I teach swimming and/or spinning for 2-3 hours those days (most exercise days I burn 2000+ additional calories). Most folks on here don't even consume 2000 calories daily, you can probably guess it can be really difficult to consume 4000+ several times a week while staying healthy. So I try for 2500-3000 calories each day.
  • ejg1010
    ejg1010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I’ve consistently lost weight using a weekly target rather than a daily target; I eat a little less each week day so that I can enjoy my weekends a little more and treat myself. I find this way keeps me going!
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Yes, totally.

You can view your weekly calories on the app. Go to Diary>Nutrition>Calories/Kilojoules then set the view to Week.

So helpful! Can this be done in the desktop version? (I've been looking and can't find it)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Yes, totally.

So helpful! Can this be done in the desktop version? (I've been looking and can't find it)

@hoffman2300

On the desktop, go to Reports>Net Calories/Kilojoules and you can see your calories for the past 7, 30, or 90 days.

You want to be as close to the red line as you can each day. It doesn't show totals overall, but you should be able to tell if you're too far over/under all the time.