Game of Thrones - Round 7: Winter is here

Maalea
Maalea Posts: 16,068 Member
la4uac1vhar0.jpeg

To Game of Thrones fans!

The seventh round (part 1) of the Game of Thrones challenge, "Winter is here", starts on October 8th and is open to those who are interested in a fun and exciting way to maintain and achieve your health and fitness goals.

Part 1 will last until December 17th and cover the first two episodes of the season, with the other episodes following in later challenges. (We plan to finish season 7 by June 30th.)

The Basics:
  • After joining the challenge, all participants must choose a House (or the Wildlings) and sign up by October 7th by posting in the respective thread in the group.
  • This is a team-based challenge, so you will look to your teammates for support, advice, and motivation.
  • Each team/house completes various challenges every week, to include cardio, strength, and flex exercises, as well as a food challenge and other small challenges depending on what is happening in the Seven Kingdoms. (There is no required weekly weigh-in, although you can of course post your current weight in the chat.)
  • You should calculate for about 250-300 minutes of workout time per week, if you want to meet all the workout challenges. A typical weekly challenge from last season is posted below.
  • If you think you don't have enough time to complete all the challenges, you can join the Wildlings! They don't have to meet the challenges, but also don't take part in the weekly competition.

Each house is limited to 20 participants, so sign up early!

If you are interested, follow this link and request to join:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/122981-game-of-thrones-winter-is-here

If you have any questions, post them here.

Example week (from season 6):
Waif: If you’d have done your job, she would have died painlessly.

Arya turns to see the Waif standing in the doorway with a knife. The Waif approaches Arya slowly and Arya backs away, matching her pace.

Waif: Instead…

She holds out her arms.

Waif: The Many-Faced God was promised a name. He must always receive what is his. You can’t change that. I can’t change that. No one can. And now he’s been promised another name.

Arya runs and the Waif chases her through the streets. She gets to a small, dark space. The Waif follows her in.

Waif: It will all be over soon. On your knees or on your feet?

Arya retrieves Needle from beneath a blanket and stands.

Waif: Haven’t we been through this already? That won’t help you.

The Waif advances. Arya holds Needle up in front of her face, closes her eyes, and cuts the candle in half. The room goes dark.[/i]

Goals:

Cardio: 180 minutes
Strength: 60 minutes
Flexibility: 60 minutes

Arya is on her own, so minute sharing is not allowed this week.

Small Council Challenge: The city of Braavos is 800 years old. So this week, you must climb 800 steps. You can split them up into smaller chunks, and you may also count the steps going down. It would be ideal to use actual steps, but you may use a stairclimber if that is all you have. Minutes spent on the SCC can be counted towards your goals.

Food: The Waif cannot see in the dark, which causes her to lose to Arya. In order to avoid such a fate, you must be sure to get lots of vitamin A this week. You must aim for 7 servings of foods rich in vitamin A. Some sources are: carrots, sweet potatoes, liver, butternut squash, broccoli, and kale.

Replies

• wljohn
    wljohn Posts: 4,981 Member
    The example week says no minute sharing in that week. How does minute sharing work when it is allowed? What is the consequence of not reaching the goals? We choose which house we want to be in or is it assigned?
  • Maalea
    Minute Sharing: e.g. the goal is 100 cardio minutes. You only have 70, but another team member got 150, the he can give you 30 minutes and both of you meet the goal and get a point. There is no upper limit to sharing, but you may only share with one person.

If you do not reach the goal, you don't get the point and you team will probably not win this week.

You choose the house you want to be in by posting in the respective thread in the group. First come, first serve!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited October 2017
    Houses are starting to fill up! Can't wait for the battles to begin! :D
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    If this is your first challenge, consider joining us in the Wildlings group! We do as much as we can each week and participate as much as we are able to at our own levels. No pressure and you still get all of the fun and camaraderie!

4n14caq8a2lp.png
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,167 Member
    The313 wrote: »

4n14caq8a2lp.png

You make everything groovy.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    I so want to join but I do crossfit so we do everything together in one session :(
  • Maalea
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I so want to join but I do crossfit so we do everything together in one session :(

That is no problem, you can split it the way you think fits best! E.g. 50% strength, 45% cardio and 5% flex.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Maalea wrote: »
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

That is no problem, you can split it the way you think fits best! E.g. 50% strength, 45% cardio and 5% flex.

awesome thanks :)
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    kl78qi7pm21o.jpg
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Only 5 more days!
  • Maalea
    Slots are filling up! If you want to join, best do it now, so that you can get a place in your favorite house. :)
  • Maalea
    Only 2 days more B)
  • teeter_tot
    teeter_tot Posts: 119 Member
    If there's still space I'd like to return to the challenge and rejoin my previous house, Tyrell!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited October 2017
    I miss you guys. I'd like to join the Wildings, as my schedule is too hectic to do justice to a house.