Those darn numbers...

Options
Do you have to stay at/under your given daily total and any workout calories given are just extra that you don't eat? I'm very diligent and precise when logging but still tend to go over my 1440 a bit every day and I'm not losing. But never go over my 1440 plus workout calories. Any tips?

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Exercise calories are there to be eaten, though the recommendation is generally to start with only eating 50-75% of them, as MFP and exercise machines often over-inflate exercise burns.

How long have you been at a deficit? When you say not losing, are you not losing at all, or just not as fast as you think you should be? Are you weighing your food, or are you using measuring cups or estimating? When did you start working out? If you are female, where are you in your monthly cycle?

There are a whole host of reasons why the scale won't budge sometimes, but we need a bit more info so we can try to pinpoint the cause in your case :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Also, if you could make your food diary public that would be helpful, so we can see if you have any obvious logging errors, how high your sodium intake is, etc.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    When you use MFP you are supposed to eat your exercise calories.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    MFP's recommended calories is your minimum intake, any exercise calories are meant to be eaten.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing you are consuming maintenance calories. Are you weighing your food? Are you using correct entries?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    Mfp is designed for you to eat the exercise calories. Some people only eat a portion as they can be overestimated, but you should be at least eating some of them if you got your goal from mfp.