Over 200 Club: Week 2 (open group)

Options
NEW CHALLENGE IS: The Cardio Challenge
Beginning: 2/7/2009
Weigh-In: 2/13/2009 (just in time for a splurge for Valentines day )

Log the minutes you complete every day participating in cardiovascular exercise. The person with the most logged minutes will be our week 2 challenge winner! Keep in mind that in order for it to count you need to exert yourself. The rule of thumb is if you can maintain a conversation but you need to have your heart rate up. Going on a light stroll through the mall doesn't count because it isn't upping your heartrate. If you walked briskly through the mall, that would count! Everything goes walking, running, ellipticals, rowing, jogging, stairclimbers, dancing, workout videos etc

Don't forget to keep that water up... maintain past challenges because they can only help you!

Don't forget to ask if you have questions! Happy weekend and Great job with our first week of our challenge! You are all super rockstars!

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE IS: The Cardio Challenge
    Beginning: 2/7/2009
    Weigh-In: 2/13/2009 (just in time for a splurge for Valentines day )

Log the minutes you complete every day participating in cardiovascular exercise. The person with the most logged minutes will be our week 2 challenge winner! Keep in mind that in order for it to count you need to exert yourself. The rule of thumb is if you can maintain a conversation but you need to have your heart rate up. Going on a light stroll through the mall doesn't count because it isn't upping your heartrate. If you walked briskly through the mall, that would count! Everything goes walking, running, ellipticals, rowing, jogging, stairclimbers, dancing, workout videos etc

Don't forget to keep that water up... maintain past challenges because they can only help you!

Don't forget to ask if you have questions! Happy weekend and Great job with our first week of our challenge! You are all super rockstars!
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Yayyyy, great challenge that.

I'm doing OK with my calories, but I have to confess to being a real beginner at exercise.

I work full time and its still dark and cold in the mornings/evenings here,so I do a brisk walk at lunchtime and that's about it so far.

I'm way too self conscious to go to class, has anyone any suggestions where I can begin? Go easy on me, I really need to start gently!

Luv Flois
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Let's do it! I'm excited!
  • tdenotter
    tdenotter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would suggest buying an aerobic dvd and start in your house. I started with tae bo but there are all kinds for different levels. That way you can still be comfortable at home but getting your work out in the dark months when walking outside is not an easy option.
  • tdenotter
    Options
    Can I join too?
  • abagwill
    Options
    Yayyyy, great challenge that.

I'm doing OK with my calories, but I have to confess to being a real beginner at exercise.

I work full time and its still dark and cold in the mornings/evenings here,so I do a brisk walk at lunchtime and that's about it so far.

I'm way too self conscious to go to class, has anyone any suggestions where I can begin? Go easy on me, I really need to start gently!

Luv Flois

If you are nervous about going out at night, then I would definately keep up your walk during lunch and get a few DVD's to get in your cardio. Sometimes they can be really fun and entertaining and since you are a newbie to exercise, they will teach you the proper techniques so you don't hurt yourself. You may even be able to rent them depending on where you are from :wink:

Once you have enough confidence, I would suggest taking jazzercise or an aerobics class. Not only are there all sizes and physiques but it is really really fun and you make friends who will hold you accountable!
    As I always say, 10 minutes is better than not even trying to get in some exercise. One cannot be successful without some form of exercise and for many in our situation, it takes a lot to conquer fears of exercising! So just say "Im going to do this" and make it fun in your own creative way!
  • abagwill
    Options
    Can I join too?

Of course! Anyone can join at any time... I will add you to our spreadsheet. Jump right in! I need your current weight and your goal weight (in three weeks). Tomorrow we start the cardio challenge!
  • abetterme
    Options
    If you don't mind I would like to jump in here:flowerforyou: I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and see exactly were I am at, I am around 250'ish. I have gotten off track some the last week or so and this sounds like it would be an awesome thing to get me going. I use Walk Away The Pounds dvd's and Tae Bo dvd's.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Do you have stairs at home? If so you can just step up on one step do about 60 times then go to the next step or even the third step and do touches with the tips of your toes. I use a chair to do leg lifts, squats then when I am watching a favorite show I walk in place, leg lifts or jog a bit for the whole show ,before you know it you have complete 30-60 mins of exercise in your own home. Good luck and I hope this helps!
  • tdenotter
    Options
    Current weight is 208 and I am hoping to get under 200 in 3 weeks or at least to 200 in 3 weeks. Thank you I am really looking forward to this!
    Can I join too?

Of course! Anyone can join at any time... I will add you to our spreadsheet. Jump right in! I need your current weight and your goal weight (in three weeks). Tomorrow we start the cardio challenge!
  • HealthyIn09
    Options
    I'd love to join too!

My current weight is 223; and I would LOVE to be at or below 220 in three weeks. Do you need a specific number?
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Do you have stairs at home? If so you can just step up on one step do about 60 times then go to the next step or even the third step and do touches with the tips of your toes. I use a chair to do leg lifts, squats then when I am watching a favorite show I walk in place, leg lifts or jog a bit for the whole show ,before you know it you have complete 30-60 mins of exercise in your own home. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Some really useful ideas there, thank you. I don't have stairs but i do have a doorstep!! and I can certainly try jogging and squatting in front of the TV.
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I want to join!

I'm at 308, and would love to be 299 in 3 weeks. It'll be hard, BUT I CAN AND WILL DO IT! haha
  • abagwill
    Options
    I'd love to join too!

My current weight is 223; and I would LOVE to be at or below 220 in three weeks. Do you need a specific number?

You can give me a specific number if you would like but i put you at 220 which is definately attainable! It is all about you and what you want to achieve! in 3 weeks we will reassess our numbers (as a group) and hopefully continue forward!
  • abagwill
    Options
    I want to join!

I'm at 308, and would love to be 299 in 3 weeks. It'll be hard, BUT I CAN AND WILL DO IT! haha

You rock! Good for you!! I will celebrate with you in 3 weeks when you reach your goal! Great to have you with us!:drinker:
  • abagwill
    Options

Some really useful ideas there, thank you. I don't have stairs but i do have a doorstep!! and I can certainly try jogging and squatting in front of the TV.

Yup, put on some music and have fun... dance around your living room, do jumping jacks and have fun! Thats what I do with my 2 month old for about 15 minutes a day... dance to really high energy music... He just laughs and smiles... He must think I am goofy!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to see everyone so jazzed today. Let's keep this level up through the weekend into next week. I personally have issues with exercise too, seems I just don't have the stamina or energy to do more then 10 minutes sometimes. So I dance in the livingroom.......as long as I can. Just put on some music and shake my *kitten*..........oops butt......

Alright, gonna see if I can do this challenge....water water water.................................:flowerforyou:
  • MissLissa
    Options
    Cool! We just got an elliptical last week and I'm loving it!! I might actually do good on this challenge. :tongue:

Ammanisto, your ticker counting the minutes you've worked out is a good and easy way to keep track! I just might have to steal that idea Sarcastic2.gif:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Count me in..:glasses:
  • rosered51
    Options
    I will have to try really hard to do well in this one:grumble: ...great idea amann...:tongue:

GOOD LUCK OVER 200 CLUB!!!!

Let's see how many pounds we can sweat off by pure force this coming week!:laugh: