I don't know what to do for my 30th? Suggestions?

Options
Meeva87
Meeva87 Posts: 57 Member
Okay, in a couple weeks, I'm turning the bit 3-0, and to be honest, I don't have a lot of friends and my best friends live in another country so that's not possible. I really only have my mum as company, so I'm at a loss as what I should do? I can't go off somewhere for the weekend or make big plans, nor spa day, but I want to at least do something nice in my town. I then start getting really down knowing I'm not going to be celebrating it the way I want, as I don't have any friends around me, and only my mum (who is awesome by the way, but it would be nice to have a friend or two here with me).

I don't know, I know I'll have cake, and a couple gifts, nothing fancy, and I'll probably be at home most of the day, maybe order a takeaway, have a drink later at home. It just feels kind of meh for my 30th. I don't have any ideas of what to do to make it feel special.

Any ideas for me lovely people?

Replies

• CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I have heard meth is fun
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Meeva87 wrote: »
    Okay, in a couple weeks, I'm turning the bit 3-0, and to be honest, I don't have a lot of friends and my best friends live in another country so that's not possible. I really only have my mum as company, so I'm at a loss as what I should do? I can't go off somewhere for the weekend or make big plans, nor spa day, but I want to at least do something nice in my town. I then start getting really down knowing I'm not going to be celebrating it the way I want, as I don't have any friends around me, and only my mum (who is awesome by the way, but it would be nice to have a friend or two here with me).

I don't know, I know I'll have cake, and a couple gifts, nothing fancy, and I'll probably be at home most of the day, maybe order a takeaway, have a drink later at home. It just feels kind of meh for my 30th. I don't have any ideas of what to do to make it feel special.

Any ideas for me lovely people?

Maybe have your friends over and call your mum?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Don't know what town you live in, but you could bar hop, go to a show, find a hole in the wall restaurant you've never been to, buy a cucumber at 3am, get your *kitten* waxed, eat chicken nuggets by the river, stay up all night and fall asleep somewhere besides your bed.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Go to a tasting of some sort, wine, beer, fancy feast.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »

I recommend the seafood variety pack
    51pCXPQ7I9L._SY355_.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

51pCXPQ7I9L._SY355_.jpg

Could polish off like six cans of that *kitten*. Better than school lunch
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

51pCXPQ7I9L._SY355_.jpg

It's only for those with a sophisticated palate.
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I spent my 30th drinking whiskey and going tobogganing. Then I went to McDonalds and ate everything. It was the best birthday yet. Aside from my 19th when I became legal.

Sorry I'm no help.
    Legal for what? Texas is confusing about this stuff. At 17, you're legally an adult if you are involved in a felony, it's 18 if you want to buy a pack of smokes or be able to legally give your *kitten* away to another adult or to get married without permission. But your not legally an adult if you want to buy alcohol until your 21.
    That's not exactly what the laws say, but it's how you're treated based on what's on the books.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I hate making plans personally. On every one of my birthdays I just do what I want (as best I can). I wait 'till the day and then decide...I like to do what I feel like. It's actually not special because this is what I do on most of my days off too!

Guess I'm not much help, except I think you should do whatever you want to that day (that you are able to do)

Treat yourself well! And have a happy birthday!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Have you already lined up where you are getting your Birthday Spanking?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I cried when I turned 30. That's always an option.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I went horseback riding for the first time on my 30th.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I think you guys are all looking at this wrong. With age comes experience, knowledge and wisdom. I've never worried about growing older. Consider the alternative.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I went skiing for my 30th, but then my birthday is mid winter.
    If it was summer I'd go into the mountains for hiking... so basically hit the mountains escape the world.
    My friend for her 30th went to a live impromptu comedy show, another went on a wine tasting tour... Do something you enjoy it does not have to involve lots of people.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I spent my 30th in a maternity hospital, bonding with my 2 day old son...eating melted brie and cranberry baguettes (brie not advised while pregnant) was a memorable birthday
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Swim with sharks.