Hi everyone, I am new to this

Options
Hi,

My name is Gabriela and I am 32 years old, hiiiiii everyone!!! :-)
2 years ago I went on lovely holiday and for that I managed to loose 1 stone.
I slowly put it back on, or at least half of it. I am going on holiday on 21st September and need to be in shape!!! I want to loose at least 2-3kg and tone up...
My motivation is ground zero though...
Soo today I said to myself enough is enough and started 30day shred DVD and decided to check this website. I logged here back in 2010 but never really followed it.
How do you guys keep motivated to update every piece of food you eat? I think that frustrates me the most, I am pretty bad at keeping the food diary...
Do you use any motivation tools?? What keeps you going??
Have a lovely evening everyone!
I start doing things, but then fail to keep it up..it sucks...

Replies

• HazelGal
    HazelGal Posts: 12
    Options
    Friends Deff Help!! ~Add me if you would like~
  • Gabika
    Gabika Posts: 26
    Options
    lol how do I do it??
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Gabriela

I think if you want to succeed enough you'l find a means to log your food. Yes it is a pain sometimes, but surely worthwhile?

It wasn't till I started logging that I realised how much I ate - reasonably healthy but just too much. It has changed the way I eat!

Good Luck

Di :smile:
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The main problem most people have is staying focused & motivated. If you can do that you will definitely have success.
  • Gabika
    Options
    I know what you are saying, keeping up with things was never my strongest skill..BUT I really want to change it!
    Also I need some sort of herbal tea or stg to help me to decrease my appetite..
    Does anything like that exists and works?
    Sometime I can eat for 2 people....
  • sroutley
    sroutley Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi im sophie and am new to this. Have only been doing it for a few days but what a shock it is to see what you actually eat!! Im terrible for chocolate and boy do the little bits soon add up! Im 27 and want to loose about 10lbs. Im really active so have wondered why I find it so hard to shift but when you make the effort to log it, its amazing how much it opens your eyes. What a great site!!
  • Gabika
    Options
    Hi Sophie,

Yeah site seems amazing! Lets see how I get on with my food diary...
    The projection said to me that I need to be on 1236 calories a day..isnt it a bit too low tho??
    That I way I will be down by 5lbs by 5th Sept...
    hmmmm definatelly dont want to starve myself...
  • sroutley
    sroutley Posts: 11
    Options
    I put in to loose 1 lb week and said im mainly active so am on 1500 a day. Yours does sound low so my advice is to not set your targets too high.....however like with every diet you usually loose a bit more in the first couple of weeks. I would have guessed if you stick to it (or even slightly higher cals per day) then you prob will loose more than 5lbs by that time. How tall are you....im 5ft 6"? 1200 cals a day does sound hard to stick to especially if you love your food and are active. Maybe increase excercise and settings to allow more calories per day?? :-)
  • Gabika
    Options
    Morning!

I have office job so I put I am not as active. However I plan to do 30day shred DVD every day, I started yesterday yeeeeeeeeeey...
    I will try to play with those settings a bit as I think 1230 cals is well too low.
    I was doing Rosemary Conley Diet last year whereby during the first 2 weeks you eat 1200 cals and then change to 1400 cals. That was tough, literally not much food.
  • kagekone
    kagekone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Gabriela:)

Seems like we have the same goal. Feel free to add me:)