Replies

• sam2342014
    sam2342014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wanna lose 40 pounds in 2 months. Plz help me with some tips
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    5lbs a week? Do you have over 200 lbs or more to lose total? If not, my tip is to come up with a realistic goal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sam2342014 wrote: »

Cut off a leg... and maybe an arm too
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

My best tip? Adjust your expectations. Fill out your fitness profile here and set a reasonable weekly weight loss goal.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That is a bit ambitious and not considered healthy weight loss. It is a good way to set yourself up for burnout and failure. Weight loss really is just simple math. To loose 2 lbs. per week you need to have a deficit of 1000 calories per day off of your N.E.A.T (BMR x activity level constant). 1500 calories is the lowest suggested calorie target for a male (1200 for female) as this is the minimum necessary for just basic metabolism. You don't mention your age, weight, and height (what determines your BMR) but you can let MFP do the calculations for you, choose how much you want to lose, and be fairly assured if you stick to the numbers and log accurately you will probably meet your goal in around 4 months or so. Do some reading and understand terms like BMR (basic metabolic rate), N.E.A.T (non-exercise activity thermogenesis), and TDEE (total daily energy expenditure including exercise). If you like you can calculate your numbers yourself as long as you keep between BMR and TDEE. Hope this makes sense or soon will. Here are some pointers I've read from others as well as what works for myself.
    Pointers:
    Remember it is the deficit that matters rather than diet or exercise
    Calorie deficit is for weight loss, exercise is for health
    Most people will tell you weigh all food for accuracy
    I try to eat mostly whole foods (meats, vegies, fruit, dairy) which I cook myself
    I like to allocate a certain amount of calories for each meal to stay in range during the day
    I always save at least 250 cals for the end of the day munchies
    If I have a bad day one day I eat less the next (although I still eat 3 healthy low cal meals)
    When I exercise I treat myself to something I want equal to about half the calories I expended
    Don't get discouraged if the scale jumps up and down as long as the general slope is downward
    Find some friends with similar goals to compare with along the journey
    If you are starving all the time, maybe your goal is too low for you
    Stay healthy and happy doing it so that it becomes a habit and not a quick fix
    I lot 30 lbs in 4 months and now I'm going for 50 lbs in probably more like 8 months as it gets harder as weight drops and numbers get lower. Currently I'm loosing about 2.5 pounds a week on a 2 pound setting.

Happy Trails.
  • sam2342014
    sam2342014 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the meaning full comments
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the meaning full comments

you are more than welcome.

have you adjusted your goal to something more reasonable?