A rampage known as biscuit-gate!

Options
so I was having a good couple of days when I was at my aunts house and saw the scales in the bathroom and decided tonweigh myself(I don't keep scales at home as I would be permanently on them and people would be wondering why I seemed to have weird square shoes :).)
Unbelievable I put on 2lbs!!! There is nothing more depressing than being good and finding out you have put on weight so what did I do to help the situation? That's right , I went home and ate a load of biscuits!!!!

Now written down this seems crazy but it was defo a comfort eating moment and that night I went to bed beating myself up about it however the next morning I decided to draw a line under it rather than use it as an excuse to totally give up and I can now say that I am back on track having lost 4lb!!!!

Moral of the story........ DONT ever give up, bad days are inevitable but certainly not the end of the world and this site has certainly helped changed my attitude which seems to be half the battle to be honest!!!
:laugh:

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    um, just because the number on your aunt's scale was 2 lbs higher than the number on whatever scale you used before doesn't mean you gained weight. scales can be sensitive and all of them aren't entirely accurate. you should be using the SAME scale for your weigh-ins because you know whether the number on that scale has changed. also, weighing yourself in the afternoon or night is not the way to go. most people gain a couple of pounds throughout the day. best time to weigh yourself (using the SAME scale every time) is first thing in the morning. weighing yourself in the afternoon or evening will lead to inconsistent/unreliable readings because one day, you may have eaten 1,200 calories with little salt and drank a lot of water while the next weigh-in you may have eaten 1,600 calories and had more salt and had little water.
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    I did the same as you yesterday, did my weekly weigh-in and had put on almost 1lb despite being under my calories for the last week ... I ended up going on an eating binge - then felt rotten for it. But determined to get back on track today, and not let it get me any further down than I already am (not just over weight - I battle depression).

so had my banana for breakfast, and going to have some granola & yoghurt shortly to keep me going till lunch

well done on losing the extra 4lb :) xxx
  • Bobble2610
    Options
    I do that all the time...

If I have a bad day, the first thing I do is want Pizza, or junk.

Actually - If I have a good day, the first thing I do is want to celebrate with pizza... LOL

But yeah, different scales can weigh you up to 4lbs or more difference, and that's not even getting started on the different times of day and different amounts of food you have eaten...

Rule of thumb I stick to is, always use my own scales, in my own bathroom, first thing in the morning. That way there are no other variables to mess up my weigh-in... and it then keeps me away from the biscuits... unless I have lost weight, cos then I want to celebrate with a cheat day.. LOL
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    um, just because the number on your aunt's scale was 2 lbs higher than the number on whatever scale you used before doesn't mean you gained weight. scales can be sensitive and all of them aren't entirely accurate. you should be using the SAME scale for your weigh-ins because you know whether the number on that scale has changed. also, weighing yourself in the afternoon or night is not the way to go. most people gain a couple of pounds throughout the day. best time to weigh yourself (using the SAME scale every time) is first thing in the morning. weighing yourself in the afternoon or evening will lead to inconsistent/unreliable readings because one day, you may have eaten 1,200 calories with little salt and drank a lot of water while the next weigh-in you may have eaten 1,600 calories and had more salt and had little water.

Yeah, even the same scale can change from one end of the bathroom to the other, not to mention from one scale to the next. Just for S&G's last week I wanted to see how much I fluctuate between morning and night so Tuesday night I stepped on the scale and it was over 132, Wednesday first thing I weighed in at 125 . . . 7 pounds of food, drink, whatever. hmalin1 is right, and to add you should be naked, after void, and the scale should be in the same spot every time. You want to limit the variables as much as possible.
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A story to make me smile!

There are so many of us that do that - have a bad day and eat...have a good day and reward oneself by eating!!

I have given up weighing myself anywhere at but at home as I know there are fluctuations between sets - for instance the set at my gym weigh me about 3 lbs heavier so I don't go near them any more.

Keep at it guys - we can do it:flowerforyou:
  • Selin4
    Selin4 Posts: 15
    Options
    Sooo true guys and believe me I know better now that's for sure!!! I now weigh Monday mornings at 10am on the wii fit board :)

It's really tempting though as you have a few good days and then see some scales (the enemy usually!!) and think let's see how well I'm doing :)

I have defo learnt from that mistake!!!

Onwards and upwards........ No definitely downwards :laugh: