GAINING WEIGHT AWE YEA!!!!!!

elskeleton
elskeleton Posts: 72 Member
What's up what's up, I'm El.
Trying to gain weight but haven't got a Proper Programme or nothing and just sorta wingin it.

My goal's supposed to be Realistic and MeasUrable so, rather than focusing on Gaining Weight, the objective is to increase my meal portions and or intake -whichever works better- while making sure I'm not just chowin down on junk. 'Keep things nutritioUs and delicioUs.

I've been at it for a week now and it's been goin uh... it's goin! (I really oughta' get myself a scale haha.)

OH AND!!! If any of yous know about any Good Food I should be mackin, lemme know!

Replies

• optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    Best of luck! Eating clean sucks
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    are you just trying to gain weight because you are too thin or are you going on a bulk? I get a large portion of my food and protein from egg whites. its easy to add things to them to make them tasty like red pepper or jalapenos. its clean protein
  • siv1979
    siv1979 Posts: 32 Member
    ^ agree
  • elskeleton
    edited October 2017
    evilokc wrote: »
    are you just trying to gain weight because you are too thin or are you going on a bulk? I get a large portion of my food and protein from egg whites. its easy to add things to them to make them tasty like red pepper or jalapenos. its clean protein

I'm just tryna gain weight for now. I'm sticking to just pushups and some stenghts 'til I get meatier.

Thanks for the pepper suggestions -vegetables ARE FRIEND! I eat about a egg a day so far. Three meals is still really heavy to me. I oughta' find out just how many egg I should be gulfin lol.
  • elskeleton

If someone is trying to gain weight, wouldn't whole eggs be better? And tastier? Gaining weight requires a surplus of calories, not just lots of protein.

OP, I'm slightly confused how your plan is measurable if you aren't using a scale, and not following a particular program (presuming you mean lifting program)

If you really want to get results, track your intake and follow a structured program. Weigh and measure yourself as well as your food to determine if you are going in the right direction at the right pace.

There are no specific foods to eat for gaining weight - you just need to be in a calorie surplus. You may want to spread your calories over many meals, drink some of your calories between meals, choose calorie dense foods to reduce volume etc.

Haven't got a scale yet so I'm still just measuring intake. Been tracking via MyFitnessGoal and can def say I've been eatin more. Tryna settle with increased meal times before I level up my portions. Nothing extreme.

HEY THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW bout calories. Gonna look into it!
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited October 2017
    Eat as many whole eggs as you want.

1 egg is not enough. Try 3 eggs with sausage and toast with butter on it.

If you are seriously underweight I wouldn't worry about having a donut either.

You need more calories.

As a previous poster said, track out your calories by meal with the app.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2017
    For what it's worth, I am gaining weight, and I eat 4 whole eggs a day. Sometimes 3, 5 every now and then. My health is a lot better than just a few months ago.

My scrambled eggs part of breakfast this morning, accurately weighed and logged:
    4 eggs
    Meat fat
    Green olives
    Mayo
    Total calories: 740

And that was just the eggs :D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    elskeleton wrote: »

I'm just tryna gain weight for now. I'm sticking to just pushups and some stenghts 'til I get meatier.

Thanks for the pepper suggestions -vegetables ARE FRIEND! I eat about a egg a day so far. Three meals is still really heavy to me. I oughta' find out just how many egg I should be gulfin lol.

Id start planning long term now. More often than not, we think about what we want now and it doesn't always align to our long term vision and often requires taking steps back to achieve what we want..

If you have long term goals of being lean, fit and gain some muscle, than take advantage of your lean state. As you get "meatier", insulin sensitivity decreases and you are less likely to gain muscle.... so your fat to muscle ratio will decrease. This means that you may need to lean out to optimize muscle gains.

If you need help on the food side, id recommend looking at the below link. And don't be afraid to drink calories... like fairlife chocolate milk which is kitten awesome.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: FINALLY GOT MYSELF A GODDAMN WEIGHING SCALE JESUS CHRIST AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS AND

You are a gamer?
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: FINALLY GOT MYSELF A GODDAMN WEIGHING SCALE JESUS CHRIST AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS AND

You are a gamer?

Or a modern Shahrazad?
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    1pm2m6sneeeu.jpeg
    Trying to get lean but pack on muscle
  • elskeleton
    edited November 2017
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »

You are a gamer?

Or a modern Shahrazad?

I want to heartfully thank yous people for turning me into a cryptid.
  • elskeleton
    edited November 2017
    Weight as of 24.11.17: 44.3 kg

Progress!
  • elskeleton
    Weight as of 30. 11. 17:
    44.9 kg!

I also joined a baseball team that meets for practice 3 times a week. ⚾
  • elskeleton
    edited December 2017
    Weight Update: 44.6 kg.

Been scaling 45 kg and then diet's been interrupted since folk moved in. I've been focusing on lower body exercise WHICH IS GR8 also, but now I'm concerned over possible Pitcher's Elbow. Gotta proceed with caution.
  • elskeleton
    Weight Update: 45.4 kg

ALL HAIL HOLIDAY FOODS!
    I've never been heavier than 46 kg. Suspense.