Healthy Sleep Challenge - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    serser28 wrote: »
    @DresdenSinn Can I ask what time of the day do you do all your exercise? Also did you sleep that well when you never exercised or have your always exercised?

On weekdays I exercise for an hour from 3:30pm to 4:30pm, on weekends I exercise twice from 8am to 9am then again from 3pm to 4pm.

I've been exercising pretty regularly for the last 20 years but my sleep has only greatly improved over the last couple of years, I used to drink (alcohol) myself to sleep because I just could not shut my mind down enough to fall asleep, I'm thankful that's over!

• DresdenSinn
    Options
    Solid night of slumber to kick off the weekend:

0mufa2ykcp5r.png
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    12-8
    I am woman! Hear me ROAR!!!
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Way to go @corinasue1143 - 8 hours!!!!! Fab!!!
  • serser28
    Options
    Only 2hrs 39 mins for me today! Not good I know. Will aim to make up for it tomorrow!
  • serser28
    Options
    @DresdenSinn - I have just upped my exercise from one hour a day to two hours a day. Hoping that will help make me tired. May have to consider changing the times I exercise too. Seeing how many calories you burn in an hour, I think I am doing the wrong types of exercise as I don't burn a fraction of what you do. I obviously need to put more effort into this. You must be working out at such a pace!
  • serser28
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @serser28 it really helps me to use an eye mask. It blocks out all of the light and it forces you to be still with your eyes closed. I still struggle obviously, but it has made a huge difference. I put it on and refuse to take it off to force myself to do nothing but lie there with my eyes closed (unless I have to use the bathroom). It doesn't really quiet my racing mind, but I usually fall asleep in less than an hour while it could take me upwards of 3 if I allow myself to open my eyes/move around from time to time in response to a thought I have while lying down trying to sleep.

Glad you have found something that works for you to some extent. I have tried an eye mask) and ear plugs) and I felt claustrophobic so didn't continue trying them out.

You could try a bed time routine that helps you quiet your racing mind. Meditation maybe? I know you have done yoga for sleeping. Which reminds me, I have not done that one for a while. May have to try that tonight.
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    It only recorded 5hrs but I also had a long evening nap from 7:30pm to 10pm so I'm considering it 7.5hrs :wink:

8i8ewdq9j46h.png
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    @DresdenSinn - Seeing how many calories you burn in an hour, I think I am doing the wrong types of exercise as I don't burn a fraction of what you do. I obviously need to put more effort into this. You must be working out at such a pace!

The weight training doesn't burn nearly as many calories as all those jumping jacks that I do! The bicycling also burns a decent amount of calories but I don't count that time towards the hour of weight training/jumping jacks, the bicycling is 2 separate times of a half hour each so I guess I actually exercise 2 hours total on both Sat. & Sun.
    Once the snow comes the bicycling will be over.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yep, I already use a bedtime routine. I just meant that the mask alone isn't enough to do it for me. But it works wonders for needing to be still with eyes closed. Sorry that didn't work for you!
    I finally have my FitBit bands, so I will have something to report tomorrow! Yay :)
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    12-3:30, then naps off and on 6-9:30.
    Just looking thru "first" magazine. Has all kinds of hints for falling asleep, none for staying asleep.
  • serser28
    Options
    6hrs 34mins - happy with that!

9s14v9dqgc1f.png
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Looking good!
  • serser28
    Options
    Morning all, I had another good night of sleep - 6hrs 20mins. I need to try to continue with this amount during the week. Doesn't help that I work nights.

v9jb3xadjuq4.png
  • serser28
    Options
    12-3:30, then naps off and on 6-9:30.
    Just looking thru "first" magazine. Has all kinds of hints for falling asleep, none for staying asleep.

Wouldn't it be great if we had some tips on staying asleep!!!
  • serser28
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Yep, I already use a bedtime routine. I just meant that the mask alone isn't enough to do it for me. But it works wonders for needing to be still with eyes closed. Sorry that didn't work for you!
    I finally have my FitBit bands, so I will have something to report tomorrow! Yay :)

Did you get your Fitbit set up yesterday? Hope you managed to get a good night's sleep.

• serser28
    Options
    @DresdenSinn - Seeing how many calories you burn in an hour, I think I am doing the wrong types of exercise as I don't burn a fraction of what you do. I obviously need to put more effort into this. You must be working out at such a pace!

The weight training doesn't burn nearly as many calories as all those jumping jacks that I do! The bicycling also burns a decent amount of calories but I don't count that time towards the hour of weight training/jumping jacks, the bicycling is 2 separate times of a half hour each so I guess I actually exercise 2 hours total on both Sat. & Sun.
    Once the snow comes the bicycling will be over.

I don't do jumping jacks because of my knee but I may give it a go and see how I get on. Won't be doing the amount you do but as it seems to burn a lot of calories I will try to do as much as I can in a day.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Good going Serser! 2 good nights in a row. Looks like a little more deep sleep those nights, too?
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    1:30-8:30 lights out at 12:30. Have been falling asleep easily lately, but had some worries last night. Should resolve today, so no problem.
    7 hours is great! If I keep this up, you all may kick me out of this group! And I will celebrate!
  • DresdenSinn
    Options
    A couple of wake events I don't remember but overall an excellent night:

ew4wk5ec3633.png