Overate last 3 days

So I usually eat 1500 calories, last 3 days I've ate between 2400-2800 calories. Today's a new day. But did the actually accumulate a couple pounds? Any advice?

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,218 Member
    1lbs fat = 3500cals
    You need to eat this much above maintanance to gain 1lbs.
    I don't know your maintanance cals so do the math.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Depends on your maintenance calories for those days. You likely have a little extra food volume in your system right now and some water weight. No big.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Honestly, I really wouldn't worry about it. You can't undo it. You may have gained some (either in water weight or fat) depending on how much you ate above maintenance.. although I'd guess it probably wasn't a lot above maintenance based on your numbers. I took the weekend off. I overate and under exercised for two days. My schedule was hectic. I was tired. And I just didn't feel great. However, I got up Monday and got back on track.
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. The more important thing is to get back on track today and not beat yourself up over it. You should be in this for the long haul, so a week of staying even is ok too!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    3 days is a drop in the bucket. Take it from someone who bulks.. gaining weight is something done over a long period of time, not just a few days or even a week. As long as you get back on track.. it will be fine.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Thanks everyone! Maintenance calories from the tdee calculator is about 2024 give or take. So I'll take it with a grain of salt and move on! Again thanks!