I am new. My name is Mary

Options
I joined myfitnesspal last spring but by june I had quit. I used my chronic pain issues, and a busy summer as an excuse. Yesterday I wallowed in self pity due to pain. Last night I had a nightmare. I woke depressed. Then I made up my mind to do this again. I was thinking I'd write it all down but then realized I could never figure out what I should be doing or eating and went back to myfitnesspal. So far this morning I did well. I had a reasonable breakfast and went up and down stairs and into some rooms badly in need of dejunking, etc. I filled about 10 bags with pure junk--only 3 are actual trash--the rest are clothing etc. I worked up a good sweat & also walked on the treadmill 10 min. that was really hard. My lower back hated it. Usually if I get busy like that hours later I am in pain all over--so I know that is likely later today. I'm not going to get depressed about it. Anyhow--so that's my story. Good to be here, Mary

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mary! I started out the same as you. I have suffered from Fibromyalgia most of my life. I was arthritic and everything hurt all the time. Going for a walk was misery. A couple of years ago I got tired of it all and decided I needed to lose weight. That was 100+ pounds ago (88 on MFP). I feel so much better. It took 2 years to get where I am but the first year I dropped about 65 or more (can't quite remember the exact number). The key to losing is taking your time and finding a path you can stay with for good. Exercise for me is daily walking. I started out really slow and gradually increased my time and difficulty. Be patient with yourself.

Congratulations on a great start!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Keep up with it, the more you lose the less pain you'll be in. I used to have really bad sciatica to the point my husband would have to carry me to bed. Losing the weight helped, I very very rarely have any pain now. Keep up the good work, baby steps. It all hurts at first until you get into your groove.
  • Jitta128
    Jitta128 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, My name is Bridgette and I joined yesterday. I am trying to take control of my eating which I thought I had under control but realized I am not eating the right things. I joined myfitnesspal so I can monitor my food intake. I hope to continue along the right path and see where this goes. I attend New York Sports Club 3 times a week for 2 hours per day and that is one of the more positive sign in my weight loss journey. Thanks for listening.