Putting it back on =s

So lately after reaching goal ive been letting go slowly and in past weeks ive gained back 6kg! please take a look at my diary and tell me what im doing wrong (ive just been feeling so hungry!!! any ideas to replace the things ive been eating that will keep me fuller)

Replies

• ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    What's your sodium levels? You could just be retaining water.
  • KazNoms
    KazNoms Posts: 83
    hm they are quite higher than usual(lately ive been eating powder soups yes i know not good but its a quick fix when ive got no time to prepare dinnner >.>) but thats only been over the past couple of days.(around 1560 ish i think it should be in the diary)
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hey! You have done the right thing by stopping to ask this question now. I have had a look at your diary and you do eat well generally. My thoughts are that:
    1. You should vary your breakfasts a bit more - you eat weetabix most days, your body will be used to that and needs a shake up - get some protien in at breakfast if you can.
    2. You eat a lot of is bread. That is a killer for me, cut out the bread and replace it with some veggies. It is recommended that you eat a rainbow of colours every day (not sweets, obviously!!).
    3. One final thing - drink more water.

Good luck!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Took a quick look and you might be under eating. Check your BMR. Not getting enough can slow your metabolism and lead to weight retention.
  • Let's be realistic here, there is no way on earth you could have piled on 6KG of pure fat onto your body in a week, it will be various other things, water retention, food still in your body...time of the month? loads of factors, my best bet is water retention :flowerforyou:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Lower your carbs slightly in favour of upping your protein, protein keeps you fuller for longer. Also try and cut your processed cabs in favour of veggies, that will help on keeping you fuller too. Watch your sodium, up your fluids if you have higher sodium foods.
  • KazNoms
    :flowerforyou: Hey! You have done the right thing by stopping to ask this question now. I have had a look at your diary and you do eat well generally. My thoughts are that:
    1. You should vary your breakfasts a bit more - you eat weetabix most days, your body will be used to that and needs a shake up - get some protien in at breakfast if you can.
    2. You eat a lot of is bread. That is a killer for me, cut out the bread and replace it with some veggies. It is recommended that you eat a rainbow of colours every day (not sweets, obviously!!).
    3. One final thing - drink more water.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips! Guh i love my bread though! (i use to eat so much at least 8pieces a day xD)

Any ideas for breakfast?( oh apart from weetbix i tend to also eat at least 4dried dates aswell! Though i never add them to diary cause they arent listes x3)
  • KazNoms
    Thanks for the tips everyone =) okay so watch carbs(should i switch bread for say wraps? Or sald veggies?oh with veggies watchs a better substitute for potato?)

Up water intake okay but how much is to much?can it have bad effects

Also i dont excercise so lower cal food limited which sucks

And any ideas to cut sodium levels?
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    First off Congrats on hitting goal!!! That in itself is just wonderful...(im getting close) :) If I were you I would:

1. Exercise at least 20-30 mins a day. Nothing crazy hard, just maybe a dvd session, or a walk (if your able to do this)
    2. Eat more at reg meals and a little less later at night. (if your eating all your "late night snacks, really late" then weighing the next morning, your body hasnt' had time to process all that, hence the "gain".
    3. Unless you are drinking a Gallon of water in one sitting, you will be fine increasing your water. ( I try to drink 12 8 oz glasses a day)

Good luck :)