Fat gym receptionist

2»

Replies

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Go for it and stick with it. Or bring in a picture of your "former-self" to show just how far you've come.
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    YES! Please do the interview. I think there is nothing better than surrounding yourself with people who can help motivate you to reach your goal. Everyone is at a different place in life. You may be motived by some of the people you would meet at this job (employees and members) and you I bet you could also help motivate some people who are just starting their weight loss journey! Keep us updated and GOOD LUCK!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Sam29a wrote: »
    I recently applied for a receptionist position at the local gym (literally 5 minutes away from my house). I didn't really think I'd ever get a callback, but I need a part-time job asap so applied without thinking. I have been invited to attend an interview later this week and now am chickening out! It would be perfect I think. I'd enjoy it and it would motivate me to workout often. Plus it's nearby.

Is it okay to work at the gym if you're not super skinny and fit? I am not overweight but I have lots of problem areas (particularly my stomach). I just joined another gym yesterday in the hopes of finally getting fit and healthy but obviously, nobody gets fit in a day. I aim to reach my fitness goals within the next year. I've lost 50+ lbs since last year, but I'm still very much a work in progress.

Should I even bother going to the interview? I don't want to waste the interviewers time if they don't accept people that aren't fit.

You need a job. It sounds like it would be good for you.
    Go to the interview. They are hiring a receptionist not a personal trainer.
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 215 Member
    they called you. go.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    It's a job I've seen plenty of people who aren't fit and skinny work at a gym. If it works for you try to get the job! If you need one and it's good for you and your distance and motivates you go for it!