Scales drive me insane

Options
Yesterday I was four pounds lighter than today .I know this might be asking for too much but would it be possible to get rid of that water weight by the morning.I know water weight usually takes a week to flush out but did anyone ever weigh the next day and the water weight gain was gone.The scales drive me crazy !

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It depends what's causing it. If it's from sodium, drink extra water to flush it out, if it's exercise or hormone induced, leave it alone, it's there for a reason.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I second using a weight trend app. I weigh every day, and every day would be just a little different - but after a week or two there's always change in the downward variety. Don't let the fluctuations stress you out. This is a long term thing, daily changes mean nothing.
  • akaguna
    akaguna Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally get it! I had my weekly weigh in today and was up three pound. I was perfect last week and am started my time of the month yesterday so I am sure it's just that. Still makes me crazy. I decided not to weigh my self again for a few weeks so it doesn't ruin my motivation and drive.
  • MizMareedy
    MizMareedy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is why I am choosing to weigh myself once a month - that and I like to see big results. I'm odd I suppose but I'm the type of person who used to be obsessed with the number on the scale.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Stuff like this is why I weigh every 3 weeks, it removes variance. I'm 110 from target so why do I want to worry about fluctuations?

Suggest you weigh in far less often. What are you learning about your plan by weighing so frequently?
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Yesterday I was four pounds lighter than today .I know this might be asking for too much but would it be possible to get rid of that water weight by the morning.I know water weight usually takes a week to flush out but did anyone ever weigh the next day and the water weight gain was gone.The scales drive me crazy !

OMG I was on a rant about this yesterday!!! One scale at my gym told me I was 126 lbs. My jaw dropped and I almost had a heart attack because I couldn't believe I went up 13 lbs. since August yet have more striations and definition. Went on another scale... 111.4 lbs. Sounds more like it. My gym clearly has some scale issues. Went ahead and purchased my own scale after that mishap.

you do realize that Gym scales are typically calibrated incorrectly on purpose to weight people heavier than they are. Its a sales tactic to make the patron feel like they still need the gym.

This is not all Gyms, but i would suggest that if yours is that far off, they are doing this.

Yeah, I've been made aware previously. Just didn't realize they would calibrate them that incorrectly, thought it would be 5 lbs. at most. I'm not a huge weigh-in person, so it's not that important to me, just found it interesting.
  • Gibby349
    Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you'd be better off to weigh less often if natural fluctuations cause you such distress.

I Agree but its so hard to get out of the habit .I literally wish the day away just to be closer to weighing the next morning .Its not good