Hello.

Options
iamthemotherofdogs
iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I'm here. I've been on MFP before with great success. I'm not nearly as motivated as I once was, but I'm here.

I'm DeAnna, I'm 30, and I'm fat and unhealthy. Today is hopefully the first day in a journey to fix that.

Anyway, here's a photo of a cute dog. His name is Jones and he's the best boy.

rwhm6q25w898.jpg

Replies

• Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cute dog, Jones!! I too need to lose weight. I’ve been on here for 22 days and have lost 8.2 lbs so far. It’s come off in increments (0.2 ounces here, 0.6 ounces there). I’m on here everyday and determined this time to lose about another 40 lbs. My all time high was 206, now down to 169 after years and years of gaining and losing. I would love to get down to a health BMI. I have some health issues which could probably be eliminated with weight loss ie. high blood pressure. Feel free to add me, I’ll support on this venture. I know every small victory counts!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, Firstly you are not a fat you have a fat. Keep active yourself with the things around. You said that done before and I'm sure you will do it again. Stay stick your calorie goal, be active and keep tracking your calories!! All the Best, Feel free to add me!!
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Nhoff70 wrote: »
    Cute dog, Jones!! I too need to lose weight. I’ve been on here for 22 days and have lost 8.2 lbs so far. It’s come off in increments (0.2 ounces here, 0.6 ounces there). I’m on here everyday and determined this time to lose about another 40 lbs. My all time high was 206, now down to 169 after years and years of gaining and losing. I would love to get down to a health BMI. I have some health issues which could probably be eliminated with weight loss ie. high blood pressure. Feel free to add me, I’ll support on this venture. I know every small victory counts!

Health issues ultimately brought me back here. I have chronic, severe reflux that is not at all under control without the help of prescription medicine. I had success earlier this year by just cutting out added sugar. I plan to transition back to that, but I'm such a sugar addict that it's a process. But, baby steps are still progress, right?
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the sugar addiction, I had to stop cold-turkey. Funny because a week into using this app, I ate a fun-sized bag of skittles and got a stomachache. Mind you skittles are my favorite, however coming off the sugar has not only helped my weight, but my sleep too. I’d eat so much sugar that I’d go up really high (like a kid hyper on candy) then crash really hard and fall into a drugged sugar coma. Not really restful sleep either. It’s from sheer will-power that I don’t eat sugar because i don’t want the empty calories but boy is it hard!! Definitely baby steps!! You can do this!!