Am I the only one?

Options
I see a lot of people aiming for such things as (US) size 2, size 4, size 6, but I don't really have any desire to be THAT thin. I want to be healthy and toned but ending up at a size 10 or 12 would be just perfect by me, at least on the bottom. Am I weird in that regard? I just like having hips and a butt, lol. Anyone else out there aiming for a larger size?

Replies

• cece62002
    Options
    I am aiming for a larger size as well. I do not want to be any smaller than a 10-12 but my goal is actually a solid 14. With my height and body structure I don't think I will look good extremely thin! I love my curves, I just want them to be more defined lol. You are not alone. Good luck on your journey.
  • mrsdollox
    Options
    personally my goal is to be a 12/14 uk as ive been there before and lower looks hideous on me! you do whats comfy for you!!!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I am a 12/14 now (depending on the clothes) and would be very happy with a good fitting 10.
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    no ur not atal some people have unrealistic goals.
    Im currently a uk size 20-22 and my goal is to get to a comfortable uk 14 and then i will be happy.

just work to the goal you want and dont worry about anyone else.
    xx
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    My goal is a size 12 - maybe a 10. I like my curves! I don't think you're weird at all!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My goal is a size 10 but even a 12 would be cool with me! Last time I was in a 12 I looked pretty good. Then again, I'm 5'9" and I carry my weight pretty well.

My cousin has a 6 month old baby and is down to a size 0. She was about a size 4 BEFORE getting pregnant, how many women do you know that have trouble gaining after having a baby?? She is my best friend and I've tried telling her she is too thin, she knows she is but she is struggling to keep weight on. She's seeing a doctor to see if there is a thyroid issue or something else.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your height and frame. Size 2,4, or 6 are not that small if you are short.
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a 8-10 and I am not trying to get too much smaller I just need to lose the stomach and love handles. I don't want to look sick just toned. :)
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You're not weird at all, it all depends on how tall you are. I'm 6' 1" and would just be thrilled to be a 14-16. In high school I was anorexic and was a size 9-10. Just go far a size that you are comforable with and makes you happy.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    perhaps a lot of people aiming for that size are small framed. I am a size 3 and even at my heaviest (granted it was just at the end of my bmi range) I was just creeping into an eight. I am glad not everyone is aiming to be a 2,4 etc because we all need to love our natural frame and size.
  • anonymitymaybe
    Options
    Not the only one at all :) I think a woman should have some curves. I am about a 16/18 now. I think being about an 8/10 would be very healthy :) And just be fit.
  • anonymitymaybe
    Options
    True :) It should be where you are comfortable.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person! My goal personally is a 4-6 and I definitely still have curves! But I'm also pretty short at 5'5"...I think my goal would be a lot different if I were 5'10".
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I actually am short, 5' 2", but I have a medium frame which is somewhat pear-shaped. I can sorta feel my hip bones when I stand up and I'm in a size 16 right now.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a 6/8 --- but I'm short (5'4") so with my type of build, I'm at that at around 150, so not skinny at all! Average at best, but the size seems small because I'm short.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! I was a size 12 in 7th Grade, so I know I will never make it to a size lower than that. I did make it to a size 10 my freshman year of college, but people kept asking me if I had been sick.

My goal is to reach 150, and I hope that will make me a size 10 or 12. I really don't know, though, because sizes have changed over the years.
  • fj78
    fj78 Posts: 17
    Options
    You're not the only one, I'm with you Haley! I think we have a similar starting and goal weight too. I'm happy with my new found healthy BMI but don't want to lose any curves along the way!
    (can you hear my husband yelling "too right!" in the background?)
  • sweetness48
    Options
    I used to be that way but now I realize that sizes vary. I have everything from a size 2 to 10 in my closet that fits. For me, it's more about being healthy and fit than being wrapped up with a number on a tag or scale. :)
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I' m now between a 16 and 18, and with my large frame, at 160 pounds I will be around a size 12 and that will be fine with me.
  • hstallings13
    Options
    I am shooting for an 8/10 myself, any smaller and I look silly cause I have broad shoulder for a girl. You have to shoot for what makes you comfortable in your skin. But even if I end up at a 12 or 14, the size does't matter nearly as much to me as the shape I am in, If I am toned and healthy, I'm not going to sweat it too much