Am I the only one?

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 140 but im thinking on changing it to 150. I never thought much about what size I want to be.Im a 10 right now and like it,but im still considered overweight and would like to get out of that range.
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! God did not create me to be rail thin. I know, I've tried to be that and heard a lot of negative comments (uttered behind my back), about looking too thin. When I look back at pictures of myself when I weighed around 135-140, I DID look too thin, my face looked bad and I was pencil-necked. I've been at a bit of a loss in setting my goals though, because according to the BMI scale, at 5' 4" the most I should weigh is 145.7. Do I "listen" to what the BMI scale says I should weigh or listen to my body???
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My ideal size would be a 5-7. Just cause I feel good at that size. BUT there is nothing wrong with a 10-12 frame.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I am very small on the bottom and very big on the top and not the chest area either. I already wear a size 10 jeans, and I am 178 at 5'5. So I will probably be a size 6 or so when I reach my goal. Right now my goal is to be a 150 pounds and that is not unrealistic. I think it all depends on your body structure. Some women have more on the bottom, I wish I did, but I don't. Not always is it an unrealistic goal!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your build. I'm about 15 lbs over-weight and currently wear a size 6 (US). I will say, though, my goals have nothing to do with fitting into a certain size. My goals are about feeling better, physically and emotionally.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I my highest weight was 240 in February. I am now 203. I would be happy just to see 175. I think 150 would probably be the lowest I would go, and that number is not even thinkable. I honestly can say I cannot remember ever weighing less than that!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9.5 and currently a uk size 14 - a US 10. In my profile pic I'm a UK 12-14/US 8-10 and weigh 11st 2lbs/156 lbs. If I weigh much less than 11st/154lbs I start to look gaunt in the face and my ribs stick out. My hips mean that I physically couldn't fit into less than a large UK 12/US 8-9. We have to be realistic about our goals in terms of body shape.
  • MomsDumpling
    MomsDumpling Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for a size 10 - 12, preferrably a 10 but anything smaller would be too thin for me. 155 would put me at a comfortable size 10 with my build.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    my frame will not allow me below a size 8. If I could be a 10-12 I will be happy. :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this post came off as offensive to ladies with smaller frames, I didn't intend it that way :smile: But it's very nice to see I'm not alone!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and should try to get smaller than a 10!!! But when I get to a 10 I will be perfectly happy that. Since I started in a 24 that is huge!!!
  • chattox
    chattox Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hi
    your not the only one id be happy with being 9st which i know does not sound alot but im short so it will be a good weight for me and it wont make me to skinny .
  • BlueAventer
    Options
    I wouldn't mind being an 8, although I would be happy at 10. You're right, those just seem so small. But I suppose, if a person has a smaller frame, it might be feasible to have that as a goal. I wouldn't ever want to get that small. I would feel too breakable! :smile:
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    No your not.... tho sterotypically in the US the " ultra thin thing" is whats marketed ....... for my size my goal weight is 140 and Im 56.

** belts out**. YOU ARE NOT ALONE..... I AM HERE FOR YOU. ". :drinker:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm a 8-10 and I am not trying to get too much smaller I just need to lose the stomach and love handles. I don't want to look sick just toned. :)
    My feeling exactly! No way for my body shape, frame, size,... do I want to be a 2 or 4! I would have to get my legs to be super thin which I don't want! Hubby likes girls with meat on their bones! LOL I just want toned meat!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Of course, not! When I first decided to lose weight I wanted to be stick thin. However, I've developed muscles from working out, and embrace my muscles and curves. :) I'm a size 9/11 in juniors and size 8/10 in women...and I don't mind! :)
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is something that I have wrestled with for so long.

At my slimmest, I used to think I was huge, but I was a uk size 10/12. I genuinly used to call myself '"The Heffer". Now I really am way too big, I kick myself that I was that crazy ten years ago. I'm 6ft tall, and I'm not sure what size I'll be comfortable at. I'm sure I'll know when I get there though.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally a petite size 2-4 (before having my baby weight), not because I "aim" for super thin, but I'm only 5'3" and have really small frame. When I'm close to size 6, I'm over weight. So, it's real for some people to have a smaller size but still super healthy!

Remember, it's all about yourself, whatever you feel comfortable with and make you happy. Enjoy your journey and whatever size make you happy.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!

I am 5'7" and pear shaped. As a skinny teenager, I weighed less than 120, was ridiculously thin, and still wore a size 5/6 (US). I have always had, and always will have, a butt and hips. They aren't going anywhere! In order to be a 2 or 4, I would have to be a skeletal 110 pounds or less, which would make me emaciated. It's all in how you carry your weight, and unfortunately mine is carried in my hips and butt!

At 151 now I am a size 10. I don't see me being any smaller than an 8. Ever.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and the smallest I ever remember being was a size 12/14 in High School, but that was when I was fencing 3 days a week, in the color guard and doing all kinds of other stuff. I remember feeling so big then compared to others, but now I look back at pictures and would love to be there again. I don't think I ever want to be below a size 10, but we'll see what size I end up when I reach a healthy BMI. I'm currently a tight size 16 at 205 lbs, so I have another 45lbs at least to go.