Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Replies

• SW: 148.2
    Mini-GW: 143
    Current Goal(s):
    -- do Ri30 6 days a week.
    -- drink plenty of water [8 cups a day at the very least]
    -- lose 5 lbs.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Starting weight: 163.6
    Goal by end of August: 157
    Personal challenge: Able to jog 2 labs around track non-stop
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Poppy - I have switched to only drinking diet soda, but plan to rid myself of them completely by the end of the month. Water is just so much better for me. I'll add that to my challenges for myself too! I'll have to wean myself, something like this:

Week 1: 1 soda/day
    Week 2: 1 soda every two days
    Week 3: 2 soda/week
    Week 4: 1 soda/week
    Week 5: no more soda!

That's my plan. I've had only one today, so I'm on track so far. :-)
  • SW:288
    GW- 278

-workout everyday
    -drink a lot of water
    -get ready for sophomore year of college
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    I wannnnnna play!!! I've never done a challenge before :)

SW: today? 251(TOM) 243.6 on 7/27
    GW August: 235
    Challenge: At least 30 min daily, 3 2-a-days per week. CPE appt on 8/29- I want to be under 237! NO missed logins! I just broke a streak I had going since I started (05/12/11)!
  • kimly
    kimly Posts: 9
    Yayy I've been looking for a challenge!!!!!

My starting weight 151 lbs
    Goal by the end of August 140 lbs
    Personal goal to be able to jog for 3 minutes without stopping!!
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    I'd love to kick the caffeine/diet coke addiction. I'm currently @ 40oz per day. I'd like to be down to 12 oz per day by the end of the month :)
  • deedsr
    deedsr Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in. Looking for some motivatin to keep me honest.

SW as of 08/01: 193
    Goal for Aug: 183
    Self-Challenge: Get a run/jog/walk everymorning and at going to the gym 3 days a week. Continue to cut out sodas, continue to cut out sweets. eat more fruit/veggies.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Your starting weight for August: 174
    Your personal goal for August: 169
    Your personal self-challenge for August : Get eating under control - get some form of physical activity every single day in August.

ETA: I am looking forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you. Feel free to add me. :)
  • JayBee380
    JayBee380 Posts: 2 Member
    SW 207.6
    GW for Aug 197.6
    Personal Challenge - exercise 60 minutes a day
  • KayLoss
    KayLoss Posts: 14
    SW 220.0
    GW 210.0
    Personal Challenge(s) - Drink nothing but water, and Walk at least 1 hour a day.
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    SW: 184
    GW: 178

Personal challenge - to start 30 day shred and do 5/6 times a week. Buying it tomorrow if I can get my hands on it.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    First Challenge! I need a good Challenge, keep me goin & to look forward to something!! i weigh in every Tuesday.

Starting weight: 338
    Personal Goal: 328
    Self Challenge:
    1) drink more water!
    2)exercise 3+ times a week
    3) make time for me & my health
    4) Be aware when i am emotionally eating & to find something else to get my mind or mood onto something else.
  • Woo hoo!!! Day one done and I'm 3lbs down... But then, it's always a bigger loss the first few days, and I've been REALLY naughty since June and have alot of catching up to do :o)
    Also - Day one of the EA Active programme done, so I'm good so far... :o)
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    I should have said yesterday, my personal challenge is to complete the 30 day shred (started yesterday) and not drink any alcohol until the end of the month, my wedding anniversary is on 27th August and I want to look fantastic for it!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 801 Member
    Woo hoo!!! Day one done and I'm 3lbs down... But then, it's always a bigger loss the first few days, and I've been REALLY naughty since June and have alot of catching up to do :o)
    Also - Day one of the EA Active programme done, so I'm good so far... :o)

awesome start!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 801 Member
    It seems Bobble2610 had a good start, how was everyone elses day 1? I did Ripped in 30 Day 1- i started on level 2, as i have tried level 1 in the past and it wasnt as challenging. I also stayed in calorie range so day 1 was great for me! Here is to day 2!
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    My day one went well. Drank less water than I hope, only about 40 oz. Its my biggest downfall. But I did stay under my calories and hit the gym.

We are going out with friends for dinner tonight so it will be a challenge to find a healthy choice.
  • ktimer
    ktimer Posts: 7 Member
    Starting weight: 228
    Goal weight: 215
    Month goal: stick within my calories and eat more veggies (last month I worked on the exercise)

Yesterday was a disaster so I was happy to find this board! :-)
This discussion has been closed.