The Better Than Ever Challenge!

Options

Replies

• pffssas
    pffssas Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    welcome saylerm104...i think we were posting at the same time! glad you decided to join us...you'll be included in the final count list i post this eve. Good luck!!!
  • thatscrystal4u
    Options
    ~~~~HOLDS
    a) i have a major problem with i mean pigging out on the weekends i can eat well all week because i am sooo busy but as soon a s the weekend comes and i have down time laying around the house i blow everything i did all week :( i am thee junk food junky

b) i have a 3 year old son and i eat when he eats and if dose not finish his food guess who helps him (why waste food) lol major problem

c) my sw is 204 my goal weight is 145 i WILL lose 50lbs by the end of this challenge

I will reward myself by buying new BRAS yes yes yes lol new bras and i cant wait :

A) i will workout doing 60 minutes of cardio mon~fri~ and most of all the weekends

B) i will eat healthy giving up ALL fast food bye bye milkshakes and french fries :)

i really feels sooooo good about this :)
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Ahh. Just realized I forgot my goals...
    Basically I would like to lose 25-30 pounds by the end of this challenge and gain some flab fighting muscle!
    Good luck ladies!!!:smile:
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I jut wanted to say that today was hard for me, I almost didn't work out because my super laziness and on top of my having little sleep.buri did and I am glad. Going to bed now. Didn't get to do my 60 minute goal as my kids were at their gammies, but did clean the fridge out top to bottom and scrubbed it and bought my daughter her first Barbie doll(I was totally obsessed with them when I was younger)
  • pffssas
    Options
    Sooooo maybe your 1st day didn't go as planned...good. Now you know you're human. Not every day will be perfect, mine definitely wasn't. But thats why i love our challenge! Bite sized pieces eaten a little at a time. If you had a good day GREAT! If you had a bad day GREAT! I'm proud of you regardless...if it was easy, it wouldn't be called a challenge. Glad to be improving myself surrounded by all of you incredible women!!! Thank you for helping me become better! Happy 1st ladies, now shake it off...tomorrows a new day!
  • pffssas
    Options
    Skmellyg...super amped that you are a find a way, make a way kind of challenger...that rocks!!! Congrats on not giving up!
  • MSMIDDIE
    Options
    Hello all,
    This challenge is exactly what I need to stay motivated prayerfully I will reach and exceed my goals.

A. I am going to refrain from pop and fast food resturants because they are both a serious weakness for me. I am guarantee my success because I have my husband and you ladies as accountabilty to do the right things by my fitness goals.

B. My sw= 280 gw=250 and my reward will be a new outfit and ladies night\

C. I am going to eat 1700 calories a day

D. I am going to walk/run 60 min extra a day
  • 4N6junkie
    Options
    Hello all,
    This challenge is exactly what I need to stay motivated prayerfully I will reach and exceed my goals.

A. I am going to refrain from pop and fast food resturants because they are both a serious weakness for me.

Hey ladies! Soda is a big issue.. "Hi, my name is 4N6junki and I AM A COKE Addict. " I had cut down already to just 1 or 2 a day (I practically used to have one with every meal and before bed! eesh) Then, when I began this first real serious attempt at weight loss.. I discovered... that a) the types of calories in coke/regular sodas are the hardest to burn... (on the top of the list with potatos), they resist being burned.. its weird.. so they really make losing weight hard. Secondarily.. for every 25 sodas you DONT drink.. you LOSE a pound!!! You do the math and start losing! It's totally not worth it! Cut back and first and then cut-out next. If caffeine is an issue then take a supplement.. I'm taking a One-a-day with caffeine in it and am having little/no withdrawal.
  • pffssas
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy 2nd! Good luck today!!!
  • pffssas
    Options
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos

As a nurse i'm forever following doctors looking for ideas to help my patients lead better lives. Dr.OZ is by far one of my faves!!! My 7y.o. even loves him...here is a link to his website. If you have any questions about health, diet, fitness etc. his website is where i'd look first!
  • jdownes89
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Happy 2nd day!

I just wanted to say that i did my weigh in was yesterday and although i was disappointed at the number on the scale when i did my measurements i lost 4.5 inches altogether! I was so happy!

So dont get discouraged if the number on the scale hasnt gone down.. it could be showing in other places!!! :)
  • 4N6junkie
    Options
    good for you jdownes!
  • pffssas
    Options
    great post jdownes...almost as if ur reading my mind about next weeks challenge!!! :wink:
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happy Day 2! Yesterday I got my 60 minutes of exercise in but just barely. 25 minutes elliptical 15 minutes biking 30 minutes walking. My husband thought I was crazy. LOL I explained it though and he is on board. Here is what I made for dinner last night and whats on deck for tonight. I thought you might enjoy. :) HUGS

Charity

Biggest Loser Sweet and Sour Chicken

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
    1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt
    Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
    1 Pound Trimmed Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut Into Bite-sized Cubes
    1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
    1 Cup 1/2" Wide Strips Onion (about 1" long)
    1 Cup 1/2" Wide Strips Green Bell Pepper (about 1" long)
    2 Tablespoons Freshly Minced Garlic
    1/4 Cup Bottled Sweet & Sour Stir-fry Sauce (I used La Choy)

Directions
    In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the chicken and toss until thoroughly coated.

Place a large nonstick skillet or nonstick wok over high heat. When hot, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the garlic softens and the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the garlic may burn. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and cover to keep warm.

Return the pan to high heat and add another teaspoon oil and half the chicken in a single layer. Cook until the pieces are lightly brown on the bottom. Flip the pieces and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the cooked chicken the the bowl with the vegetables. Return the pan to high heat, add the remaining oil and cook the remaining chicken.

Return the vegetables and chicken to the pan to reheat if needed. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the sauce, and mix until well combined. Divide the stir-fry among 4 bowls, and serve. I didnt use the peppers and onions but added some pineapple and water-chestnuts.

Lime Chicken Tacos
    Ingredients

* 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
    * 3 tablespoons lime juice
    * 1 tablespoon chili powder
    * 1 cup frozen corn
    * 1 cup chunky salsa
    * 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
    * Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional

Directions

* Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
    * Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Stir in corn and salsa.
    * Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.
  • pffssas
    Options
    jnchorn...i am cracking up! who told u i couldn't cook and that i needed recipes?!!!!? i have an 18y.o. son who has been our chef for the last FIVE YEARS because he and his sister refuse to eat my horrible cooking. LOL! sooooo needed ur recipes! keep 'em coming!
  • pffssas
    Options
    Hopefully everyone is starting to find their rhythm...happy 3rd ladies!!! Please email me or post on this forum how you're doing. What can i do to help you finish off the week strong? If this week has not been perfect, DO NOT SWEAT IT!!! This is a lifestyle challenge for you to create your best you. That won't happen overnite! No one is judging you here, but we are ALL cheering you on! I want you to succeed, I promise you that...good luck today ladies, happy hump day!
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    I have started doing 30 day shred this week and my body is so sore! My muscles feel like they are on fire but it also feels great and refreshing to be that active.

Whilst doing this, my appetite and cravings for the occasional
    Cigarette have vanished! I used to be a smoker and have slowly been trying to quit. Yesterday for the
    First time I was with a friend who was smoking and didn't have that big nagging desire to smoke anymore. Yay!!

One of my commitments or challenges for this week is to be aware of my sugar intake and try not to go over too much.
    Any suggestions for someone with a bad sweet tooth?
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Day 2 eating was horrible for me however Zumba is awesome and I love it! I sweat so much and I feel like I am getting something. Its been too hot to go walking/running for me. Day 3 is a new day. I did my 60 minutes of playing with my kids yesterday. I have eliminated tv till they go to bed to help my kids and myself be more active. It was hard yesterday. Today I feel pumped and eating will be better today. I determined to see a NEW ME!
  • 4N6junkie
    Options
    One of my commitments or challenges for this week is to be aware of my sugar intake and try not to go over too much.
    Any suggestions for someone with a bad sweet tooth?

This may sound weird but it worked for me: If it is candy that gets ya, eat a candy you don't like or like the least. Your less likely to eat tons/more of it then you should but still get your sugar fix. For example, I actually really don't like chocolate much.. it's ok but doesn't get me excited. I much prefer chewy/sugary candies (like Sour Patch Kids) so when I am having a REALLY bad sweet tooth, I'll just have a piece of chocolate.. which gets me "bored" easilly and I don't want more. This may only work for me because I am picky.. but yea...
    El
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!! Looking forward to a great challenge!

Holds **I just gave birth to my first child 2 months ago via emergency c-section**
    1) I feel too busy to fit in working out!
    2) Sweet tooth gets the best of me!
    3) Lack of energy from the busy life

Goals
    SW: 190
    GW: 140
    **Ultimate goal is to lose 10 pounds each month - So a total of 50 pounds by January 1, 2012 - For this challenge I hope to lose 30 pounds by the end**
    Target 1: September 1 - 10 pounds total lost - Reward: Mani/Pedi
    Target 2: October 1 - 20 pounds total lost - Reward: New Shoes
    Target 3: November 1 - 30 pounds total lost - Reward: New Work Out Clothes
    Target 4: December 1 - 40 pounds total lost - Reward: New Hair Cut/Color
    Target 5: January 1 - 50 pounds total lost - Reward: Weekend getaway with the husband!!

Commitments
    1) I will commit to 2 classes a week at the Y!
    2) I will commit to 6 morning or afternoon walks at least 45 minutes each!
    3) I will commit to eating healthy, not eating out and satisifying my sweet tooth with healthier alternatives! (New favorite treat: Chocolate Milk - Skim of course)