PICS - BF & After - Need Belly HELP!

Options
JennaM222
JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
Hi All,

This is my same horrid before pic - me at 186 something or other. I stand at 5'9", give or take. Below was taken lastnight before tanning - I am currently right around 150 - I float between 149 and 152 depending on how naughty I am on the weekends. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to how to shape up my belly area. Legs are great, arms are MEH, but tummy is one big old keg. Do I really need to buckle down on the weeknds and watch my "cheatig" more? Weekends I basically eat/drink whatever I want. Durring the week I am VERY strict with my food and eat alot of protein and fresh greens/veggies/fruits. Should I increase cardio? I havent been doing much lately to tell the truth. All comments and advice welcome!

I am in the middle with 4 chins...

14265_529312129031_194000187_31253333_1792413_n.jpg

Current weight/photo....big ol' belly still!

NewImage-1.jpg

Replies

• kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    watch your sugar? you look great though!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    No suggestions, but you look awesome>>
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

Cut your sugar to below 20 a day. Cut out the caffeine and DON'T drink!!!
  • JennaM222
    Options

DONT drink!? That is not an option lol!!! :(
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would not get so crazy on the weekends anymore. I used to do that and I couldn't get past 123-125 (Im 5'2"). I still indulge here and there on the weekends but I don't make it a binge fest anymore! Eat the things you like but watch portions. Also if you go out drinking, try drinking a 64 or vodka and diet and limit yourself. You look great though!! I would also try toning up, they 30 Day Shred has been getting my body nice and toned :) Good Luck!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    do more lifting,lower your refined carb and refined sugar intake.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You Look amazing!!!!!!!! Don't be so hard on yourself!!!!! I too have had nothing but belly fat forever! I've been finding the more cardio I do the flatter it is seeming to get. I have given up hope on it being flat and firm since I did have a baby 12 yrs ago, but flat is good! I think you look fantastic and should keep doing whatever you are doing. Maybe some more cardio or get some dvds that target the abs to get more definition. You never had 4 chins either!! :flowerforyou:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

No caffeine OR drinks....what else is there to live for???? :wink:

J....you look freaking incredible ;-)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Made sure you're eating enough during the week. I did exactly what you did for the longest time. I'd be very strict and then my body would be begging for food on the weekend and I'd splurge. I'd love the same weight over and over again. I started eating more during the week and didn't feel the need to binge on the weekends and it made a huge difference! You look amazing though!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    ciara the r&b singer once said that abs are 20% how you work out, and 80% what you eat....with that being said, limit your sodium intake because that makes you retain water and appear more bloated than you really are. try to make half (or ALL) of your grains WHOLE grains as well, that helps too. alcohol and beer actually bloat your belly a lot too (beer gut, anyone?) so limit alcoholic drinks as much as possible!!! also, this is minor but chewing gum actually causes you to swallow a bit of air when you chew it, making your tummy look bigger. limit that, as well as any artificial sweeteners.

in terms of working out, running (UGH, i know) actually does wonders on the core, because in order to have defined abs you have to lose fat all over. crunches dont really work unless you dont have a blanket of fat covering your abs. id say stick to your cardio, and add in some exercise ball crunches as well! (always finish off workouts with some protein!) YOU WILL SEE ABS IN TIME, trust me!! good luck
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    First, stop knocking yourself so much! You didn't have four chins in the photo and do not have a keg at all. Cardio definitely helps shrink the fat cells but the most important thing is that you love yourself no matter what your tummy looks like! I'd do more cardio and be a little more careful on the weekends, or maybe just switch to one "diet-free" day.
  • JennaM222
    Options

No caffeine OR drinks....what else is there to live for???? :wink:

J....you look freaking incredible ;-)

I might as well off myself if I cannot have these two things....and MASCARA!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    1) I don't see 4 chins in the first photo, you're crazy :tongue:
    2) You look great in the second photo. Great progress! :smile:
    3) I would up your cardio and do an ab routine to strengthen those ab muscles.
    4) Cut back on some of the "cheating" on the weekend. You can still have fun and eat some of whatever but do so in smaller portions. Less sugar, more fruits/veggies on the weekends. Consider a 24 hour cheat instead of a 48 hour cheat as well.
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    My trainer had me do an hour of ab work with an 8# medicine ball last night. It was so much harder than I thought it would be. Buy one and look up some ab exercises specifically the obliques.
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, your hard work has paid off....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. For belly, just keep trucking, it will come. Sugar/no sugar, carbs/no carbs . . . IDK. I'd say watch your overly processed carbs and see what happens. cardio, strength training . . .
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm fighting the same battle, I'm just a bit farther from my goal than you are. I notice the biggest difference in my abs when I stick with cardio - 3 or more days a week for an hour. Diet does play a huge roll, which is why I may never wear a bikini again (lol, I'm almost 50 so my bikini days are long over anyway). Sodium, carbs, caffeine and alcohol are enemies of flat abs, but great friends of mine.

You look great. You should feel so proud of the work you've done and the results you've gotten. Appreciate where you are right now. It's ok to want to improve, but please spend some time each day finding parts of you to love. You're awesome.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    First, stop knocking yourself so much! You didn't have four chins in the photo and do not have a keg at all.

Ditto! You look great. I slack on the weekends to and I think it does make a difference. I'm trying to cut that out. If you drink beer, I'm sure that has an effect but you don't have a keg around the middle. I hope you find what works for you :)
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Our definitions of a big belly are obviously different - I think you look amazing!
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just read an article on shidting belly fat and toning as I was wandering the same thing.

INTERVAL TRAINING!

They said its the biggest fat/flab/weight whatever ya want burner and it carries on burning fat for hours afterwards.

Check it out on the web

You look great though! Your legs are to die for!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!