Mirror Mirror on the Wall?

Good morning my lovely darlins! I was thinking this morning about a kid’s movie, Snow White. Remember the step-mom? She would look in the mirror and say “mirror mirror on the wall who is fairest of them all?” She was never happy with what she saw or what the mirror said. I think, myself included, that we can sometimes all be like that. Even when we work hard, we bust our butt, we can be unhappy with what we see. But darlings whether we are just starting or at our goal we need to be joyful in who we are. This journey needs to be about getting healthy, gaining confidence and having fun. And forget that mirror and ask me what I see. “Ed, Ed in Texas tell me who is fairest of them all?” It’s you baby! You are gorgeous, sexy, sweet, hot, and totally amazingly stunning! You make this cowboy’s heart go pitter patter! So you need to know and own that you are a total total hottie. I mean smoking hot GORGEOUS! You are special and beautiful made and I adore you for who you were, who you are and who you are becoming.
Have an amazing day my darlings. Know that you are cherished and loved all the way from Texas. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Ed... every woman who reads this post is going to want to pack you up and take you home with them. Thanks so much for starting out our day this way. You are THE BEST!!!!!!:bigsmile: Love you to pieces!
  • Thanks. needed that!!! :happy:
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    When I was saved at the age of 12, I remember walking into the bathroom and seeing myself in the mirror. I was stunned. I yelled for my mom, who came running, wanting to know what was wrong, and I just looked at myself, in this surreal moment... "Mama, I'm beautiful." She, of course, was like, "I've always known that, honey." But I will never forget that moment of clarity. Beauty in Christ made me able to see myself clearly for the first time ever. That vision gets blurry from time to time, but I still smile at that 12 year old version of myself sometimes, and remember... "yes, you are."

Thanks once again, Dr. Ed! :flowerforyou:
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Ed you are simply amazing & thanks so much for for the pep talk :smile:
  • Beautifully written!!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Ed - thats so nice, and so true - we need to love what we see and even if we are changing and working hard at it - we still need to love ourselves every day. A awesome reminder and great words! Have a great day.
  • I'm playing the prince in snow white in january :-) this reminded me
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Ed... every woman who reads this post is going to want to pack you up and take you home with them. Thanks so much for starting out our day this way. You are THE BEST!!!!!!:bigsmile: Love you to pieces!

:flowerforyou: :heart: Loves ya darling!
  • donnadaniels
    donnadaniels Posts: 11 Member
    Ever thought of moving to canada!!!!
  • I want all my friends to read this!!!! xxxooo Ed you made my day!!
  • What a great way to start the day! Thanks, Ed, for your motivation and pep. Thank you, too, for your service. (I have a nephew who just deployed from Ft. Hood a few weeks ago.) Press on, all you gorgeus MFPs! :)
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Thanks Ed :wink:
  • katbye
    katbye Posts: 2
    Thanks Ed! This Snow White feels better already :smile:
  • SoldierDad
    Ever thought of moving to canada!!!!

Ed + Ice/Snow = No Go for this Cowboy! I need it hot and I need rodeos! But you sure did tempt me gorgeous. :wink:
  • SoldierDad
    Ed - thats so nice, and so true - we need to love what we see and even if we are changing and working hard at it - we still need to love ourselves every day. A awesome reminder and great words! Have a great day.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • :blushing: :flowerforyou: Thanks Ed!!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    we do know how to love bigger in Texas. :bigsmile: Thanks for this sweet share this morning, Ed! Happy Tuesday, have a splendid one! :drinker:
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    WOW... all I can say is that I am beginning to think you read my mind OR you were in my bathroom this morning. Reading your post actually brought tears to my eyes. You are the best, cowboy! HUGS
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    This post is so sweet <3 it looks like I found a great new friend :)) Thanks again for the add.... :flowerforyou:
  • SoldierDad
    WOW... all I can say is that I am beginning to think you read my mind OR you were in my bathroom this morning. Reading your post actually brought tears to my eyes. You are the best, cowboy! HUGS

Smooches darling! Be proud and walk tall love.