Replies

• avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    This thread.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just finished Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay. Really enjoyed it, found it gripping. I would really recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers. I've enjoyed all his books.

Haven't decided what I'm going to read next. Got a pile of books at home.

My favourite books ever are Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen and Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You: 101 Encouraging Stories about Dieting and Fitness" ... it's got some funny anecdotes in it. :)
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    White Hot by Sandra Brown... Love her!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" - Stieg Larsson... just started it last night!

"Jane Eyre" is on my "to be read" bookshelf! I was studying English education and have recently decided not to anymore because it was ruining my love of reading.. :/ i had originally bought it so I could read it so i could just say I did but now that i don't have the pressure on me, I can't wait to read it on my own time and for pleasure..
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Currently re-devouring A Song of Ice and Fire so that I can read Dance With Dragons with everything fresh in my mind!

ldsk;vjljsdgjdf GRRM
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Officially I am reading all the Austen's again, ready for my dissertation. But I am also very sneakily reading Mary-Janice Davidson's Betsy series again!
  • nebulae
    nebulae Posts: 4
    Options
    The Great Gatsby!
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    The Happiness Project :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Steven Tyler's biography, honest and interesting.
    If you are a Twilight fan, read Vampire Academy. Even better.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You: 101 Encouraging Stories about Dieting and Fitness" ... it's got some funny anecdotes in it. :)

Oh! I need to check this one out!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Jim Butcher's Ghost Story. Well technically I'm listening to it. I finished the hardcover on Sat so now I'm listening to it to catch nuances the reader's voice brings out that I glossed over in reading.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward...can't put them down!
  • vanlaura
    vanlaura Posts: 26
    Options
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
    The Plays of Oscar Wilde
    The Omnivore's Dilema by Micheal Pollan - This is a good one if you're interested in how food is made today, where it's come from how it's grown, processed etc, really interesting! AND you don't need to be an omnivore to enjoy it, I'm a vegetarian and it's still relevant.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Just finished Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich yesterday and started Manhunt today.

If there are other Evanovich fans on here (she writes screw-ball comedies with suspense/action/romance) I would like recommendations of other authors with a similar feel. You can just send me a message since it's not on topic for this thread. I'm running out of books. I need comedy :)
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've just read through all of the Harry Potter books again before I go and see the last movie :D I love Chuck Palaniuk too, brilliant twists and turns :)
  • minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Options
    At min I'm reading the 5th Harry Potter book, on my iPod but it's still a book lol.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    A Dance with Dragons by G.R.R. Martin

Got it free from the library e-book collection.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Delivering_Happiness_A_Path_to_Profits_Passion_and_Purpose_book_cover-sixhundred.jpeg?1289950874
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Just finished Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich yesterday and started Manhunt today.

If there are other Evanovich fans on here (she writes screw-ball comedies with suspense/action/romance) I would like recommendations of other authors with a similar feel. You can just send me a message since it's not on topic for this thread. I'm running out of books. I need comedy :)

I read Full Scoop by her! I actually can't think of similar authors. I'll have to get back to you on that!