Co-worker Restroom Etiquette

Options

Replies

• AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    omg that cream face pic is so disgusting lol

Just think about what his trip to the restroom might be like.

There are no words....
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    A nod usually does it, or the same greeting I would give them otherwise.

What I make a habit of is never having conversation IN the bathroom...ever. I don't want to talk at the urinal, and sure as hell not when either of us is in a stall. And furthermore, I can't stand people who do.

I'm standing here with my junk in my hand, all right?? Or sitting here for a little down time...Leave me alone!!

And stop answering your phones, too!! You CAN'T be THAT important...

Maybe it's just me...it usually IS me, and frankly, I'm sick of it...
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    It's all about body language ...

When I do my walk I pass people a lot and I can tell who to wave and who not to.

This is interesting. Seriously. How do you know when to wave/greet and when not to? What examples of body language give you a green light or red light? I'm genuinely interested.

Well ... when I pass someone who is walk by me , I do eye contact and see if they are going to smile or wave or just look the other way or look down.

You just get that since of someone is going to do it.

So 1) what if they don't make eye contact at all, do you stare until they do or until the opportunity is gone?

2) You look at them, wait for them to smile or wave first? How do you know they aren't waiting for you to do it first?

This is too stressful which is why I ignore everyone equally

Which is why "Pictures are worth a 1,000 words" works so well in your case. Instead of you describing your nekid body to me, I just get to see it.

Win win for both of us, right?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    AshEvelynn wrote: »

There are no words....

Words, no. Sounds, oh yeah, there would be sounds.
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    AshEvelynn wrote: »

There are no words....

Words, no. Sounds, oh yeah, there would be sounds.

I need to go burn my eyes, brain and ears. Thanks for the laugh!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I usually avert eye contact. I try really hard to not think about it...thanks, because now that is all I can think about!

Since you brought it up tho I think about their hygiene mostly, if they wash their hands properly, if not what they are touching around the office that I may touch, where their hands have been. Toilet handles and taps...gross.

My answer isn't based on gender even tho your question was.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    @Vikka_V wrote: »
    I usually avert eye contact. I try really hard to not think about it...thanks, because now that is all I can think about!

Since you brought it up tho I think about their hygiene mostly, if they wash their hands properly, if not what they are touching around the office that I may touch, where their hands have been. Toilet handles and taps...gross.

Dang straight it was!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Dang straight it was!

How do you know!

I work with all women.

I avoid eye contact and I think the same thing about men tho, if I think about it.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

When I do my walk I pass people a lot and I can tell who to wave and who not to.

This is interesting. Seriously. How do you know when to wave/greet and when not to? What examples of body language give you a green light or red light? I'm genuinely interested.

Well ... when I pass someone who is walk by me , I do eye contact and see if they are going to smile or wave or just look the other way or look down.

So 1) what if they don't make eye contact at all, do you stare until they do or until the opportunity is gone?

2) You look at them, wait for them to smile or wave first? How do you know they aren't waiting for you to do it first?

Which is why "Pictures are worth a 1,000 words" works so well in your case. Instead of you describing your nekid body to me, I just get to see it.

Win win for both of us, right?

Seeing my nekid body is a win for no one

You bursted his bubble, how could ya
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I just give them the stinkeye face while holding my nose, and hand them the spray airfreshner. Then I tell them good luck in there, & remember that if you leave another "Hindenburg Turd" for me to plunge, I'm going to hunt you down! Don't let it happen again, or I'll write up a warning for you. Even though you're my boss, and sign my paycheck, that's no excuse!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    edited October 2017
    Options

Dang straight it was!

How do you know!

I work with all women.

Is a gym-like shower facility at your work? Please tell me there is!
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I try to remember to put the seat back down if I'm working with women.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    @abetterme9366 how is it at your work? Do they give you bathroom breaks between pole dances?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    edited October 2017
    Options

The polite and Etiquette way is simple ...
    When you pass by someone you look at them and nod , or smile , or wave ( whatever you feel computable )
    It's just a smile or a wave.

If they do not do it in return then so what , at least you did it to show you're politeness .

I didn't see this answer before because Hicks distracted me.

If I wave or say hi to someone when we pass and they don't return it I'm confused for the rest of the day. Do they hate me? Did they not hear me, sometimes I mumble. Did they mishear me and think is said something bad?

Best for me just to avoid the situation

They were probably just checking out your hooters