Nothing added

Favourite teas
    Green - Dragon Pearl
    Black - tinderet, lapsang suchong
    Pu'er
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I typically drink either green, black chai or chamomile combined with Bengal Spice. No sweetener or milk. Hot or cold.

I don't feel it energizes my body or refreshes my mind though. I just like the way it tastes.
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Builders, as the good lord intended. Balm for the soul.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like apple cinnamon tea or mint tea best. I drink what tastes nice. I don't expect it to do anything else for me.
    I don't add anything to it.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'll drink ANY tea, whether iced or hot, and no sugar or milk. I probably have 15+ types of tea at home. The only bummer is I can't drink caffeinated tea on an empty stomach because it makes me nauseous.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Straight-up Orange Pekoe, sweetened with saccharine, and cooled to lukewarm. For the caffeine boost; I don't take any after noon.

Chamomile, when I need to relax.

Chai with a teaspoon of cocoa, stevia, and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon, for comfort.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking tea (made by my English grandmother) since I was about 3 years old. Always made with milk and sugar. Now, I can't drink it any other way as much as I want to.

So, 20 oz. of strong black tea with 1% milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar up to 3 times a day. I've tried to cut it out, lighten the sugar, etc. and I just don't enjoy it. So it's my "vice" and I work it in.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I usually mix gunpowder green tea with other herby things. My favorite is to add in cinnamon chips and crushed cardamom seeds. Sometimes I add dried pomegranate seeds (anardana) or ginger.

For non-caffeinated, I have chamomile and tulsi tea, but they must be diuretics cause I'm constantly going to the bathroom afterwards.
  • khan2187
    khan2187 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    khan2187 wrote: »
    Are their any better combinations for energizing the body and refreshing the mind?

What does refreshing the mind mean? The higher caffeine content, the more energy you will feel you have, so the longer you steep your tea, the more caffeine it could have.

I like vanilla, pumpkin, and chai teas when I want caffeine, and lemon, passionfruit, or blackberry herbal teas when I want to wind down. I hate chamomile, wish I liked it.

Well I suppose that's one way to put it, though there are elements other than caffeiene that can give a boost of energy as well albeit weaker in effect.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love tea and probably have 15 varieties in my kitchen.

But my favorite is Tetley British blend black with a generous amount of whole milk and 1 tsp sugar.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Regular tea with milk and no sugar.

Green Tea plain with nothing added.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have a few cups of decaff with whole milk and sweeteners each day then chamomile and honey tea in the evenings.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I enjoy unsweetened hibiscus tea infused with cranberries and fresh ginger root and sometimes with a splash of fresh lemon juice. Delicious!

Also a mix of green, dandelion root, oolong and jasmine infused with fresh ginger root.

I have other blends that I make and enjoy, but I drink these daily.
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    English tea with a splash of semi skimmed milk. My favourite brand is tetley, I’m not a huge fan of green tea. I find it really dry :neutral:
  • shipratsn
    shipratsn Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ip66h826yq3n.jpg
    I am a complete tea addict but have been on weight loss spree lately. Hence, I add a bit of lemon juice, ginger and honey into warm water. There are a lot of other detox tea recipes but this one is my absolute favorite.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    In the harbor
  • nicolejamie1
    nicolejamie1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually do a green tea and mint combo, it's so refreshing.
  • MizMareedy
    MizMareedy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    unsweet and ice cold. I'm plain! No additives - I like taste of the tea. I hate green tea though - gives me headaches.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Oh my gawd, I bought a Tazo Butterscotch brownie tea as a gag and it's TO DIE FOR. I didn't think it'd be any good at all, but it tastes like you just swallowed a butterscotch cake. Dunked in an Oreo as an experiment and just about cried.
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Southern style - with ice and sugar.