Healthy Sleep Challenge - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Need to join this...I use to go to sleep @ 9pm and up by 4:30-5am...now it's 12am - to 7ish am. Not bad for hours slept ..but it has disrupted how I feel physically. I'm so tired and generally lethargic til around 4pm...

I want to start shutting the light off at 11pm...
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome vegmebuff!
  • serser28
    Options
    Only 3hrs 29mins for me!! Not good!!! :( I spent the day in bed as suffering with a really bad cold, temperature etc. I still couldn't get 6 hours sleep!
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    serser28 wrote: »
    Only 3hrs 29mins for me!! Not good!!! :( I spent the day in bed as suffering with a really bad cold, temperature etc. I still couldn't get 6 hours sleep!

you poor thing...hopefully tonight you can get some rest

Last eve for me wasn't so good...fell asleep at 3am and up at 8am. I'm sure I'll get a good night tonight though...super tired!
    Good luck to all :)
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Did really well last night considering as I was laying down I received a text from a friend saying there was an active shooter situation in my area and sure enough he was right! He was apprehended in a storage rental facility after firing shots at police and taken to the hospital with several gunshot wounds. No one else was wounded. My girlfriend has a unit in that facility and is sometimes there late in the evening after hours as she uses that area to walk for exercise because it is "secure". Well so much for that!

rrmdvm5q46ry.png
  • serser28
    Options
    @DresdenSinn - oh my how worrying. Thank goodness your girlfriend was not in the vicinity last night. Glad nobody else was wounded and the police were able to apprehend the shooter. It's always more shocking when the place you think is safe is in fact not necessarily the case. I am amazed that news did not affect your sleep and it proves how strong your mind is. Once you knew nobody else had been hurt you were able to switch off and get a decent amount of sleep. Proud of you! Whatever you are doing, keep doing it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I agree Dresden. Glad your girlfriend is safe. Great night sleep!

I had an ok night Monday night and another great night last night.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This is what 2hrs of running through 9 holes of golf did to me:

9rxml00pt2cs.png
  • serser28
    Options
    @DresdenSinn - wow that is amazing. Not only did you get 8 hours sleep but nearly 5 hours of it was deep sleep! I am obviously not making myself tired enough. Once I recover from this heavy cold I am going to have to step up my exercise. Maybe I am just not getting myself tired enough to get that deep sleep.
  • serser28
    Options
    5hrs 13 mins for me today

fcue6c1gkx7y.png
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Great Dresden!
    12-3, 5-7:30. Enough, but I want more. I am so greedy! I want it all!
    Went to yoga last night, teacher wasn't there, so Pilates teacher stepped in, Pilates class. I stayed 30 minutes, then walked out. Big mistake, took aspirin before went to bed, woke up not really hurting, but uncomfortable, took a couple more aspirin, back to sleep. Lesson learned, just walk out next time.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    Great Dresden!
    12-3, 5-7:30. Enough, but I want more. I am so greedy! I want it all!
    Went to yoga last night, teacher wasn't there, so Pilates teacher stepped in, Pilates class. I stayed 30 minutes, then walked out. Big mistake, took aspirin before went to bed, woke up not really hurting, but uncomfortable, took a couple more aspirin, back to sleep. Lesson learned, just walk out next time.

I love Pilates...I'm sorry your experience wasn't so lovely...
    Actually slept really well last night, but I think I ate too much before bed and woke up feeling really groggy and not rested. So maybe I either slept too much, or I 'thought' it was a restful night, but really wasn't...

Good luck everyone

@DresdenSinn - make one wonder what is this world is coming to??
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    12-6, still tired, so short nap (15 minutes?) about 9
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    slept 5.5 hours last eve...needed a nap - 25 minutes did the trick:)
  • serser28
    Options
    Only 4hrs 15mins for me. I need to do better over the weekend. Even if its will little naps here and there.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    serser28 wrote: »
    Only 4hrs 15mins for me. I need to do better over the weekend. Even if its will little naps here and there.

Love taking naps here and there. I just have to be careful that they are not too long.

I've been a little absent!! I will tally my September sleep and average it later today. Will also update for October. We went to the late showing of Blade Runner 2046. I'm wide awake now, go figure!! ;);)

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    On another note, my Fitbit address is https://www.fitbit.com/user/3FVF9Y. Please add me if you are up (no pun intended) for some friendly and lively competition. :):)
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    12:30-7:30 last night. I just love those nights!
  • serser28
    Options
    @corinasue1143 - wow that was a great night's sleep. Hope you get the same again tonight! Did you do anything differently to achieve that?
  • serser28
    Options
    @Bluetail6 - yes naps can be the sweetest sleep at times but like you said, we have to be mindful that they are not too long otherwise it interrupts us getting a proper sleep.

Re Fitbit - I would love to add you but I don't know how using the link you sent. Are you able to tell me how? I only know how to add a friend by their email address. This is my fourth Fitbit and I still don't use it to its capabilities. Mostly for sleep and counting steps. I must do better and get to know it!