Can I remove the extra calories

Options
Good Morning everyone;) I’ve been on here a while but only just added people and realised there was a community. I walk a lot and it’s giving me extra calories, and I’m eating them!! Is there anyway that my allowance can be frozen and I don’t see the extras?? Sorry not tech savvy at all;) thank you for you time
Jo ;)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You are a premium member, so yes, you can. Go to "Goals" and scroll to "Exercise calories" and switch them to "off"
  • joannab78
    joannab78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No worries!
  • bryerangel
    bryerangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add u all I do is walk I'm addicted to it
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    the way MFP is set up is that it gives you a deficit based on NO exercise, and then gives you extra calories according to your 'extra' exercise (depending on how you set your goal). You are SUPPOSED to eat your exercise calories, they are what actually helps fuel your activity.

Rather than stop eating exercise calories, why not set your goal to include all of the walking (so set yourself as 'active' rather than 'sedentary') and have that as your goal.

It's unwise to have too high a deficit, hence the eating back exercise calories, allowing you to lose slowly and sensibly and retain lean muscle.
  • joannab78
    joannab78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I’ve put them back on !!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    As long as you're accurate in your measuring you should eat back exercise cals, that's how MFP is designed. Otherwise you could risk undereating.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me :)