body flow class

Options
I just joined a new gym. It will give me more options for group fitness. One of them is body flow. Anyone try that class? Is it upbeat? i tried a live piyo class once and it was all calm and deep breathing stuff. Only sweat i broke was from being uncomfortable in a new class in the dark like meditation. I had a bad experience with a group thing of that sort. I am nervous about new gym but want to jump right in and that includes new things. Will it be a good burn? Thanks.

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    If it's Les Mills BodyFlow, it's a mix of Tai Chi, Yoga & Pilates, so no, you will not burn a lot of calories. It is great for mobility/flexibility however, which can be a nice complement to cardio/weights workouts.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I went to the class and it good.. not typically how i get a good workout in but I will keep it in mind. I will just add another class. There is a cx worx 30 min class after it so i may give it a shot.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    CX is awesome. Tough but not high intensity. If you're looking for something to really get your heartrate up & work up a sweat, try a Body Attack, Body Combat or Grit class (if they're available at your gym).
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    CX is awesome. Tough but not high intensity. If you're looking for something to really get your heartrate up & work up a sweat, try a Body Attack, Body Combat or Grit class (if they're available at your gym).

ShibaEars do you know about Body Pump by any chance. I too am at a gym that offers these classes as well. :-) Thanks!
  • mygrl4meee
    Options
    Hi.. I do have body pump at my gym and it will be part of my regular routine but not available in the right time frame to follow body flow.. Grit class is available but extra fee for it. Reason why I may do cx is it's only adding 30 min class to a 1 hour class.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    craziedani wrote: »

ShibaEars do you know about Body Pump by any chance. I too am at a gym that offers these classes as well. :-) Thanks!

BodyPump is a great way to do some resistance training. You can select the weight YOU want to do. It can take a few classes to figure out where you need to be. The instructor should be more than happy to help you get set up!

Sorry about the delayed response, have you gone to try it already? In my opinion, any of the Les Mills classes are great. (I will admit I may be a bit biased as I teach BodyAttack, and hopefully will soon be teaching BodyCombat. :smiley: )
  • Emmey56
    Emmey56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late on this thread but I was searching for body pump and this came up. I go to a gym with Les Mills classes and I love them. But how do you track pump in your my fitness pal? I can find my other les mills classes but not pump.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    craziedani wrote: »

BodyPump is a great way to do some resistance training. You can select the weight YOU want to do. It can take a few classes to figure out where you need to be. The instructor should be more than happy to help you get set up!

Sorry about the delayed response, have you gone to try it already? In my opinion, any of the Les Mills classes are great. (I will admit I may be a bit biased as I teach BodyAttack, and hopefully will soon be teaching BodyCombat. :smiley: )

haha I'm even later at responding. no I haven't tried it yet. Next week I am trying a Body attack/Combat combo class, a body attack, and a body bump class. I've never done any of them so I am excited for sure :-) Thanks for the info!
  • mygrl4meee
    Options
    I love all led mills classes.