Eggs

Options
Is it ok to cook eggs in the microwave. Thanks

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can microwave eggs, but do not attempt to microwave a whole egg with the shell as there will be a BLEVE - boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion. Even without the shell, they tend to have micro-explosions unless you cook them properly. Google how to microwave an egg.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Yes... You can get containers designed for egg poaching and scrambling in the microwave
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    For me - no. I think microwaved eggs are disgusting. But I know others who make them that way all the time. I do have a couple microwave egg maker things - I should try them.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I microwave an egg with some egg whites every night and they come out great. :)
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You may be able to find faster answers to questions like this by googling it rather than on MFP if you prefer.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I microwave eggs every morning in a coffee mug,they turn out fluffy and fine
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's fine, but I prefer the taste of eggs cooked on the stove
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have a handy-dandy microwave omelet maker that I picked up for $1 somewhere or other. It works just fine, but I prefer using the stovetop. There is a distinctly different taste when cooked in the microwave. (Hard to explain- not bad, but also not necessarily good.)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    hale03071 wrote: »
    Yes, you can, but would you want to? Do some research on what cooking in the microwave does to the nutrients of any food.

Oh goody, we haven't had a good "death box" thread in quite a while. :D

I microwave eggs and/or egg whites almost every morning. 37 seconds in my microwave cooks one scrambled egg perfectly.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Use to microwave my scrambled eggs all the time. One bowl cooking, no pan and no oil. Just have to nuke do it in short intervals to avoid over cooking. Comes out uniquely soft and fluffy if you do it "right."
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you do it in a standard sized coffee mug, the resulting super fluffy scrambled egg will fit perfectly on an english muffin :)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    hale03071 wrote: »
    Yes, you can, but would you want to? Do some research on what cooking in the microwave does to the nutrients of any food.

You mean absolutely nothing? Debunked, my friend.

I microwave eggs at work for breakfast, and my husband always makes his scrambled in the microwave. Just make sure not to over cook them, especially if the yolk isn't broken - it gets VERY messy.

4si7ck8khwkp.jpg

I hope HE cleaned up after himself.