Question of the Day- Day 11!!!

Options
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 11!!!:heart:

How many glasses of water a day do you drink on average? Do you notice a difference if you drink less or more?

**Me- Right now I am drinking about 4-5 glasses a day. I really want to up that to at least 8 though but it's sooo hard to drink all of that water! I was a Coke kinda girl not a water drinker lol I am workin on it though!!

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I started at 6-8 a day when I first joined the site (because I forced myself). Now, I am drinking 12-16 a day. But, I feel like I live in the bathroom. :) I know that it is helping me lose weight though, so I just keep doing it. Now I get thirsty if I don't drink at least 12 glasses a day.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    To be honest I'm about 4,

The nutritionist I went to said 1 8oz glass for every 25 lbs of body weight.... So I should try to get in a couple more.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I drink about 8 glasses... I get a cup that can hold 2 cups of water, and I finish it, and then I fill it up right away with 2 more cups of water and that kinda helps me drink the 8 cups. I used to be a pepsi drinker until a few months ago but I quit it cold turkey and it was to my amazement VERY easy! Now my body doesn't crave it at all... and I don't really miss it! :) Last time I drank pepsi was in May bc there was NO bottled water at a party I had to go to.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    8-9 :)
  • Tinks2007
    Tinks2007 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink on average 6-8 glasses but sometimes more, but am constantly going to the loo but know its good for flushing the system out so well worth it, also can make you feel quite full at times if you do drink a lot :)
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    6-8 and definitely notice a difference on the scale when I don't! My body holds onto more if I'm not hydrated.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I drink about 9-11 glasses day. I keep a bottle of water with me at all times. Every time I leave the house I have a bottle of water in tow!

I still have a decaf, sugar free, fat free latte every day as well.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    12-16 cups a day.
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I drink about 8-12. I have to push myself to do it though. Sometimes I just have to stand there and chug. But I know that my weight loss will suffer if I don't. That's what keeps me motivated to do so. I've been on a plateau for weeks....wondering what the problem was...Water!!! Ya gotta have it!! :O)
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    I got myself a big water-bottle (1 litre, the big blue Tupperware-one) that I HAVE TO FINISH. And since I'm not counting single glasses but looking at a bottle, it seems to work. I lose weight faster, if I drink more, and I am also less hungry. Nice side-effect: my skin is softer and clearer if I drink a lot! :-)
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky in that area. I LOVE WATER. I have to have it on night stand when I go to bed. I have a bottle that holds 3 cups and its usually refilled at least 2 times by lunch time. I would think I take in at least 12 a day. I sometimes wonder if I drink TOO much water but my body seems to want it.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I drink on average about 12 I have a 32oz water bottle(4 cups) and I fill it up anywhere between 3 and 4 times a day my personal challenge is to fill it up 4 because that would be 16 and sometimes I do and on gym days I have probably have closer between 16-18 I am an H2O drinker for sure, every once in awhile I might have unsweetened ice tea with lemon and splenda, One day last week I was busy and probably only got about 6 cups and I felt thirsty all day I forgot why I was only able to get so little but either way I could tell a difference
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Also if you drink a lot of water, you should look into getting a stainless steel container instead of plastic jugs/bottles.

They're a bit more expensive, but worth it in the end.
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Shanna,

I don't really care for water, but I would say I drink about 6 glasses a day. The colder the water is, the better it tastes to me. I also incorporate a Crystal Light in here and there just for flavor. It's hard but when you think about how good it is for your body, it makes it that much easier.

:happy:

Good luck!!!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I usually drink at least 6-7 glasses a day. It's much easier for me in summer (I'm a teacher) as I don't have to worry about needing to use the restroom. During the school year, I'm not nearly as good since I obviously can't leave a roomful of 7th graders alone while I run across the hallway to go tinkle. :embarassed:
  • TheAlphaMO
    TheAlphaMO Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth between a lot and a little, but have been averaging about 8.

It is REALLY hard to do it, especially if you're thinking about it/dreading it. Here are the things that I do to help myself remember:

- took an 8oz styrofoam cup and wrote a hash mark on it after I finished a cup of water
    - bought a 32oz waterbottle with a WIDE mouth. It's BPA free, so you shouldn't have to worry about chemicals. The wide mouth helps you drink faster than a sports bottle, so it's a lot easier to swallow (literally)
    - drink room temperature water. (for me it's easier to down than cold water and doesn't give me a headache if i drink it too quickly

I have yet to see any real benefits (except going all the time), but I find it helped me not crave soda. A little trick I have is that every time I crave a soda, I make myself have a cup of water before the soda. By that time, I either drink less soda or skip it altogether!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I drink any where between 8-12 depending on what I have been doing that day.....I am a coke man myself and have lowered my intake of coke to on average one can a day....When I do drink a coke I automatically drink two or three cups of water after I am done with the coke....
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i drink 6-8 i used to drink NONE! just diet mt. dew i still have occasional a dew bc its just good. But i am trying to up my water to 8-12. and yes i measure my water so i know. lol
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    The nutritionist I went to said 1 8oz glass for every 25 lbs of body weight.... So I should try to get in a couple more.

I heard the rule of thumb is half your body weight in ounces is what you should be drinking in water, so it's different for everyone. The 8 - 8oz glass rule is a slippery guideline and actually includes all fluids that you take in everyday.
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    I have a 34 ounce cup that I fill at least 2 times a day. I try for more, but sometimes I'm just not thirsty so I don't think about it.