Do you bother weighing yourself if you're on your period?

Options

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Hello no.

But I don't even weigh myself anymore in general.

Either do I and no way would I go there during the blood rage.

Word. I've been bleeding for 10 days. I'm depressed, bloated, fatigued. I don't need to see the scale on top of that.

Also...it'd be nice if my period ever ended because I am starting to feel like I'm dying.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I got the happy scale app so I've been weighing every day for fun. So yes
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every week on Sunday mornings no matter what (period, holidays, vacation, whatever).
    My weight during my period usually stays the same or goes up 1-2 lbs during that time. I know why it happens and know that it goes away. I don't think it is pointless to know what is normal for me and record it.
  • GailK1967
    GailK1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nope. I weigh a week out and then at the end. Love seeing that loss. If I weigh during I see no loss or a gain. I seem to hold onto 1-3kg. And man do I feel that fluid in my breasts.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. My lowest weight is usually on the first day of my period.
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually don’t see any weight loss the week before my period and then see double when they start. Since I’m per-menopause, I find it’s the best indicator that my now irregular period are about to happen.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Nope. I am an overblown blowfish on my period.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If that's appropriate, should you then also skip days when water weight might be abnormally low, maybe after a hot day or a 10 mile run since you might not be fully rehydrated. Or after a tough lift session where you might retain water due to muscle repair. If you're going to ignore outliers, then you should ignore all outliers.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If that's appropriate, should you then also skip days when water weight might be abnormally low, maybe after a hot day or a 10 mile run since you might not be fully rehydrated. Or after a tough lift session where you might retain water due to muscle repair. If you're going to ignore outliers, then you should ignore all outliers.

bejpwqg1q5rr.jpg

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    Go away Richard.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

You don't know what it's like to have a period. There are emotional reactions, sometimes irrational, that come along with weighing yourself during that time and seeing the spike. As opposed to seeing a spike at a different time of month, due to something like water retention from lifting/carbs/etc.

You're not a woman. Leave us alone.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Yes. I weigh in almost every day and use Happy Scale to keep an eye on the trends over time.
  • fitforeternity493
    fitforeternity493 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do but not lately.. I'm harsh on myself when I see the spike on the scale even if I know it's water or my period. I always have to remind myself to calm down and realize it's fluid retention. Logging my food also helps so I can keep my calories in check and still have a few treats here and there without going overboard. Besides lately I've been losing inches and that's been far more accurate than my weight.. The scale is kept in my broom closet currently gathering dust haha!
  • tintarandy
    tintarandy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Some studies say that the metabolic rate increases with ~100 cal/day while on period. Is it true? Does anyone have more info or opinions about this?
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

Dude, Sshhhhush! Back away slowly..........

And throw chocolate.. Save yourself.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oops.. wrong thread lol!
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    my weight fluctuates about 5 lbs per day, somedays if i am dehydrated, it will be lower. then when i drink a few glasses of water, its much higher. i try to weigh every morning, then only log it like once per week, if there is a change. i don't let the number on the scale scare me though.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    No. I gain a bit of weight (and I expect this) and it doesn't really disappear and reflect a more accurate reading until about 5 days into my period. I just bide my time, do my absolute best to monitor my food and what I'm eating and do my damnedest not to give into those pesky cravings (salt is the worst for me these days).