Did your weight loss cause you to take an increased interest in fashion?

Options
2»

Replies

• LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    It's about control. When a person decides to lose weight they take control of their diet and body. Since they now have control and in better touch with their body they have better control of what they want to wear. You start liking your body more too. When you are overweight you tend to worry more what other people think, you wear the clothes that fit, and are more worried about fat or skin showing. In other words, you don't feel much in control.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes 100%! I gained a lot of weight my junior/senior year of college and all of my clothes became way too small on me. I wasn't comfortable in anything so basically my social life dwindled a bit because I was choosing to stay home in my sweatpants and oversized t shirts. Now that I've graduated and lost most of the weight I'm having a blast shopping! I'm definitely playing around with more styles and have gotten excited over pices of clothing in my closet that are finally fitting me like they should again
  • ACJones82
    ACJones82 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Definitely taking my appearance more seriously but at the same time weary of buying more clothes as I still have a few kgs to go. But was told this week "dont wear those jeans again"
  • kazz882
    kazz882 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes! Used to love clothes shopping until I got huge and then as long as went round me I pretty much bought anything that fitted, now I love trying on different styles and outfits, still feels a bit weird picking up a size 14 instead of 22 though as I still see the fat me in the mirror.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I saw a size 6 Calvin Clien black shirt dress in the thrift store 2 days ago and
    I
    Want
    It!
    But I’m still wearing a 8/10 in dresses :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just by more gym clothes.
    I do have some formal wear clothing and nice clothes IF I have to attend something, but you'll usually always see me in gym clothes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It has a bit - but I still get rather intimidated shopping in the non-plus-sized section.. there are SO MANY more choices. I get overwhelmed fairly quickly. I've never been much of a clothes shopper, so this will take time. I am going a little more funky than I was - mainly due to the availability of more interesting options. Every once in a while I will get brave and venture into a new (to me) store to see if I can fit in the clothes and what they have.

I'm also finding I steer clear of shapeless clothes. While I still have a little ways to go, I am less inclined to try and hide myself like I had been for so long.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Definitely - actually, I would say it re-awakened my fashion sense. Overweight, I would wear whatever would fit. Now, definitely enjoy styling - fashionable clothing, accessories, makeup, hair, the whole bit!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Yes. Maybe dangerously so. When I first lost the weight I went out and bought a new wardrobe for the upcoming fall season. It was such a heady experience to have so many current outfits in my closet that I resolved to keep buying new clothes with each season. It's gotten to the point that here I am, at 56, looking at clothes I bought only a year ago with the eye of an indulged teenager, "That's soooo last year".
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!