what do you put in your eggs ?

Options

Replies

• stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs mashed into a cup with salt and butter!
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    My favorite is ham, with sautéed onions, green bell pepper and diced tomato and a little low fat cheddar cheese. I like to top regular scrambled eggs with salsa verde, cholula hot sauce or jalapeño tabasco. I've made omelettes with leftover chicken Fajita meat and veggies. Or an omelette stuffed with sautéed spinach, mushrooms and feta cheese
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sometimes I make poached eggs. Sometimes scrambled with spices like curry. And I eat the eggs with other stuff like vegetables or fruit. I have also seen ideas on pinterest such as cooking eggs in a muffin tin with different things added, and reheat through the week. I never tried that. Sort of looks interesting, though.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    all peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, loads of pepper, cayenne, celery and very tiny sliced carrots, zucchini, eggplant, oh on and on, never boring here. ever.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Eggs + Flour,sugar,milk.. pancakes!! Jk :laugh:

Bacon usually
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    taco meat
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I usually add some salt, pepper, garlic and chives. Sometimes I just put some hot sauce on them.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    salsa or hot sauce or cheese
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Scrambled garlic & onion powder, hot sauce, salt, pepper and parsley if I have it. Other ways onions, mushrooms, garlic powder, hot sauce, potatoes, ham or bacon cheese. WHATEVER YOU WANT
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fresh tomatoes and hot peppers from my garden.
  • MizMareedy
    MizMareedy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love onion. Any sort of bell pepper, diced up chicken / turkey breast, tomato, chopped spinach, garlic, different spices are also good with eggs. Even though I hate them I've heard that mushrooms are good too. =)
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    In spite of my snark about cookie dough, I like to make "pizza frittata" w my eggs.

Stir in pizza friendly veggies (mushrooms and peppers are my go-to; fennel or zucchini in a pinch), diced pepperoni, lightly drizzle a bit of pizza sauce over the top. Top w a bit of mozzarella before putting under the broiler. In a hurry I have just tossed it all together for a scramble.

I also just love to poach an egg or two to go w savory oats. My favorite is oats cooked w more eggs in them, a handful of peas, topped w bacon and a little parmesan cheese (and the poached eggs). I call it "oatmeal carbonara."
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    First I do recommend getting good, farm fresh eggs- personally I think they taste much better! And second, I scramble mine and add in fresh tomato with salt....it makes my mouth water just typing it out
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Season salt, garlic powder, cheese.
  • scissorland
    scissorland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mushrooms, onions. Any vegetables you enjoy eating. You can even add fruit for a totally different take on eggs
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Tabasco. Lots.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    celiah909 wrote: »
    First I do recommend getting good, farm fresh eggs- personally I think they taste much better! And second, I scramble mine and add in fresh tomato with salt....it makes my mouth water just typing it out

Can you go ahead and make me some too
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    In spite of my snark about cookie dough, I like to make "pizza frittata" w my eggs.

Stir in pizza friendly veggies (mushrooms and peppers are my go-to; fennel or zucchini in a pinch), diced pepperoni, lightly drizzle a bit of pizza sauce over the top. Top w a bit of mozzarella before putting under the broiler. In a hurry I have just tossed it all together for a scramble.

I also just love to poach an egg or two to go w savory oats. My favorite is oats cooked w more eggs in them, a handful of peas, topped w bacon and a little parmesan cheese (and the poached eggs). I call it "oatmeal carbonara."

I make pizza frittata a lot. It's one of my family's favorite dinners.
  • knoxlette
    knoxlette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, a dash of garlic powder, big handful of spinach and a tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Scramble it up and top with hot sauce. Savory and very filling/satisfying.