lower belly fat !!!

Options
Hi, can someone help me please, for the last 4 months I haven been really watching what I eat, calorie counting, and started new exercise routine. I am still at the beginnings but I can already see a difference and I am so far happy with it. The only problem I have is my lower stomach. I look PREGNANT, the rest of my tummy is getting nice and toned, with a start of a six pack, but my lower tummy still sticks out. I know I carry bit of fat around that area, but I am nowhere near overweight (63kg and 180cm). So I was wondering if someone can recommend exercises to work on my lower tummy or perhaps a diet I should follow to eventually get rid of it. I currently run about 6 times a week (nothing crazy but I get at least 20 min a day) plus I do "you are your own gym" strength exercises and some weight lifting. I also walk A LOT. And it's always at faster pace when my heart rate really elevates. I am not sure if this is posture problem, food intolerance or just being greedy and struggling to give up on sweets :( I left my diary open to see if I perhaps need to eliminate something.
Thank you for your help

Replies

• ashleyminnich1
    ashleyminnich1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. It's genetics and the fact that I had a baby seven months ago. My lower abdomen is the last place I lose from. I have spent the summer training for a Ragnar putting in around 30 running miles a week. From the back, I am toned. From the front, I look pudgy. Just keep going! My plan is to get down to my goal weight, continue to get strong, and either embrace my body as it is or get a tummy tuck.
  • hopleyjana2049
    hopleyjana2049 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh, and there was me thinking I might get a nice flat tummy one day. I always blamed it on not exercising and having an office job, then I had a baby, and I blamed it on that. Now almost 3 years on I am running out of excuses. The only one I am left with is just being greedy. I've recently finished 30 day shred, moved onto strength and weight exercises, and added fair amount of cardio. But it's not shifting. I actually though it might be wheat or dairy intolerance as your tummy can look bloated with that. And to be honest I do feel bloated fairly often. Does anyone have any experience with bloating and how to avoid it?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What weight lifting program are you doing?
  • hopleyjana2049
    hopleyjana2049 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am not really following any program, I have a multigym at home and I try doing about 40 min every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, obviously on top of the "you are my own gym and some abs exercises" I also have a pull up bar and I try doing leg raises (around 20/25) and pull ups daily. Baring in mind I only started few weeks ago so my pull ups are pretty pathetic, I couldn't even do one few weeks ago :(