Fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• My4happykids
    My4happykids Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do a 3day fast once a month. It has certainly helped me. But everyone is different.

There a books on fasting, some of them are free online if you are interested.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    take baby steps like everything else. don't eat (fast) for 8 hrs then try 12hrs then 16....etc...pretty hard to gain weight if you're not eating....just saying. lots of conversation about this nowadays.
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    The problem is you need to define terms. For some people, a fast is not eating anything at all for one or more days. Some people call eating a very restrictive diet for a certain period of time a fast, but they are still eating food. Some people say "fasting" when they mean Intermittent Fasting, which is either only eating during a small portion of the day, or eating low cal some days and maintenance cals on another. All of these have different affects on your health and are appropriate for different people and have different goals/results.

OP was asking about severely restricting or eliminating calories for several days in order to break what she perceives as a plateau. Most of the replies have not been about that type of a fast.

Oh no this has been very insightful. I didn't realize it was a thing and what I was describing, in my mind, would probably fit the 5:2 diet. I don't want to go days without eating.