What is your best fitness achievement to date?

Options

Replies

• halfmill1
    halfmill1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For me it would have to do with running. I was a college athlete. I played soccer on scholarship. I was a sprinter and one of the fastest on the team, but I hated distance running. In college the best I ever did was 2.5 miles in 20 minutes and I trained my butt off for months to do that. However, once In middle school I ran a 6:18 mile and in high school I ran an 800 in under 3 minutes. I have high expectations due to this that I’ll probably never reach. Fast forward to when I started the journey to get back in shape. I was 30 and had gained over 80 pounds in part due to side effects of medications. I never thought I would run again or lose the weight. Today I have lost over 60 pounds and I am once again running. It’s a love hate relationship. I hate doing it but love when I’m done. Today I ran 3.37 miles in 36 minutes. Not the fastest time in the world but I’m just happy I can run that far without walking. I then came home and ran another mile. On the treadmill I can run 2 miles in 17 something too. I wish my pace was as good outside tho. I still want to lose about 20 more pounds and get back to my college weight. I can also do 3 pull ups and 50 push-ups. Lastly, like someone mention my resting pulse is back in the 50s.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Last week 5k in 27:14 on hilly course at altitude.

As a young guy:
    22.3-sec 200m
    51-sec 400
    1:58 -800m (in January)

15-mile long run with a big hill run in the middle at about a 7:00 min/mile pace
    113-pushups in 2-min (took 3rd place in a push-up contest)
    5x60 pushups regularly
    3x10 pullups regularly
    benched 245-lbs free-weights off of just push-up tng
    Could carry two 94-lbs sacks of cement, one on each shoulder for short distance, weighed 155-lbs.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Completed the half Ironman on a team with my trainer and another client. It was not my best swim, by far, but without having to be pulled or hold on to a kayak or anything, I got my head on straight, finished the swim, and ran up the hill to transition to pass the chip off to the biker.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!