New and Stuggling

Options
Egads! Need to do this and did not realize I am so flippin weak...
:ohwell:

Replies

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. It helps having friends that are supportive and lift you up to give you a push when u have days like these. Feel free to add me :) You will find great support here.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Feel free to add me as a friend and supporter if you would like.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just make the switch to a healthier way of life. Sounds simple and easy but it isn't. You have to watch out for what triggers your problems and try to replace it with a healthier alternative. I chew a lof of gum and drink at least a couple of gallons of water a day.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This journey is tough. It is nice to have a place to come to for support.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the choice for a healthier lifestyle. You can do this! Start by just getting used to logging everything you eat and drink and try and make better choices. Walk a little each day, a little farther each day. Baby steps. Take it one day at a time and before you know it you will be healthier! :flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    IT is one of the hardest things i have ever done....we need to work at it every day.....you took the first step, you are HERE!!!!,,...good luck:flowerforyou:
  • blowmeaway
    Options
    I know how you feel and I felt the same way. For me it takes baby steps, set goals and aim to reach them everyday, plan my menu the day before or days before, exceeding my exercise for the previous day if it's just by 1 minute. I'm my own boss and ultimately, I'm accountable to me. I sure don't want to disappoint myself or my supporters. For me, it's a head game. I have to reset my brain to a healthy lifestyle and I don't expect it to be easy. I read somewhere last night that brushing your teeth after every single meal/snack helps. I found that very intersteting and I'm going to try it today.
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    The journey starts with you! Just fight with all your might! The journey is tough but the rewards are beyond what your wildest dreams can imagine!

Eat right and exercise! Its that simple! Over time, you will see the results. Dont get frusterated when you see your weight gain. Judge your weight by your clothes. When people start complenting you on your weight loss, its the sweetest sound ever that enters your ears.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It is the hardest think - EVER but I found once I started to add friends I am now loosing the weight and alot more motivated - so feel free to add :flowerforyou:
  • Tess12513
    Options
    Stay strong! You can do this! Feel free to add me for support/ motivation :)
  • corierose1212
    Options
    The biggest step is alrady doen. Your here. Add me as a friend and we can help each other.
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement, it really helps. Baby steps! :smile:
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. When I came here I felt so lost and out of control. The support I've gotten here has made the journey easier...
    TripMom
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    For some people, it helps to start with a short-term goal. Maybe start by focusing on losing 10 or 15 lbs. You can always update your goals again later. If you do that and get that first goal achieved, you'll be building the confidence and discipline it is going to take to make this work for you.

I believe you can do it.
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you!