What is/was your favorite thing about NOT having kids?

Options
124»

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    What's awesome about having no kids?

You won't create a-holes like this

Stephen-Paddock.jpg

• HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Freedom is what I miss. Period.
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My identity. It has changed and co-mingled so much that I barely recognize myself anymore. And trying to get back to me, at times, feels selfish.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    don't have kids. but i feel like i'd miss the disposable income and freedom the most.

+1 for this
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing about not having kids is sleeping whenever the hell I want.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Food not magically disappearing from my fridge! My kid doesn't even live with me anymore, but he still comes over and takes all the cooked things! Would it kill him to cook the uncooked things & leave me some leftovers? Who raised this kid? Gosh!
  • scorcher117
    scorcher117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My money, my weekends, my time. If I wanna go do some mdma on a saturday night, don't have to worry about getting a sitter. The only issue I have is when I get home at 7am the kid is awake and wants to eat my candy/snacks and drink my slurpee.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Before kids my wife and I had quite a bit of disposable income and we'd do random things like decide to go to Honduras for a week to scuba dive or hop on a quick 90 minute flight to San Diego for a long weekend.

Before kids my wife and I used to be able to have an actual conversation...now a would be 5 minute discussion/conversation takes about half an hour or more with the constant interruptions for vitally important things like a different Paw Patrol episode or, "look...I colored this thing."

Before kids we didn't have to work our schedules around someone being home with the kids while the other is out doing something like going for a run or a ride.

Before kids I could walk through my house without ever stepping on a lego or tripping over some toy that was left in the middle of the hallway or dining room or whatever.

Before kids I was always punctual wherever I went...now it's a crap shoot and I have to get moving a lot sooner. It's annoying to have to take 15 minutes for something that should take about 30 seconds. Strapping kids into car seats and boosters seats has also gotten very old.

Before kids I could just get up in the morning and get ready and go to work...now I have to get ready, get them ready, drive the opposite direction from my office to drop them off at school and then finally off to work.

I miss having before kid $$$

....Love those two boys though...wouldn't trade 'em for anything...

All of this ditto.....only difference for me is that I have already raised Four adult children and now we are raising up set number two.....a 3, 5 and 7 year old. OMG
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Everything.

Damn breeders.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Going to bed when I'm tired, waking up whenever I want on the weekends.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Having a clean house and not stepping on legos or Barbie dolls
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Being empty nesters, I am really enjoying the random couch sex again ;)