Replies

• MrCailer
    MrCailer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today the focus will be to plan ahead.... routine is my friend
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I will get in a routine to exercise every day around 5:00 pm. And, exercise no less than 30 minutes a day. Hopefully, this will establish a habit of working out.
    Thanks for the focus of the day.
  • MrCailer
    Options
    tuolon wrote: »
    Sounds good. I will get in a routine to exercise every day around 5:00 pm. And, exercise no less than 30 minutes a day. Hopefully, this will establish a habit of working out.
    Thanks for the focus of the day.

OK..sounds good... Let's build it slowly with the goal of reaching every day by..(you fill in the blank)....
    *disclaimers helping others keeps me focused
  • MrCailer
    Options
    If you believe you can destroy, believe you can build- RNB This represents the power to be able to move on in the face of failure
  • MrCailer
    Options
    Continuing with the previous thought : Our Generation has a tendency to be hard on ourselves when it comes to failure but not for success...
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'm too late, but 44 here, with 30 pounds to lose. I need to get back to my focus as well.
  • MrCailer
    Options
    Not sure if I'm too late, but 44 here, with 30 pounds to lose. I need to get back to my focus as well.

Never to late for this group...(b4 50..lol) Give us an idea of your goals and challenges..
  • MrCailer
    Options
    If we Chace perfection we can catch excellence-Vince Lombardi
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Never to late for this group...(b4 50..lol) Give us an idea of your goals and challenges..[/quote]

To liberally borrow from the suburbia as hell film "American Beauty", I want to look good naked. That being said, I'd like to lose about 30 pounds and see a jaw line again.

Love the Lombardi quote, btw.

• vin4k
    vin4k Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’d like to get in on this, I’m 47 and need to lose about 60 lbs
  • MrCailer
    Options
    vin4k wrote: »
    I’d like to get in on this, I’m 47 and need to lose about 60 lbs

Welcome vin4k!
  • MrCailer
    Options
    Going back a few posts... change automatically creates a pushback force. Instead of change let's foster a lifestyle that will allow us to reach our goal seamlessly. What steps can you take to avoid temptation?What steps can you take to create a conducive atmosphere?
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to get in on this group. I'm 48 and would like to lose around 40. I've planned my meals for the week and have roasted veggies and made quinoa for my lunches this week. What I need to plan for is between meals, Friday nights and other assorted weak spots.
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1 step for me is chewing gum while in the kitchen. It is amazingly easy for me to eat mindlessly while in the kitchen cooking or cleaning.
  • MrCailer
    Options
    provence9 wrote: »
    1 step for me is chewing gum while in the kitchen. It is amazingly easy for me to eat mindlessly while in the kitchen cooking or cleaning.

Great ! The planning ahead and avoiding confrontation in the kitchen sounds like a plan keep us posted !
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,785 Member
    Options
    I preplan and prepare meals ahead of time....then when I'm ravenous and ready 2 shove anything and everything in my face....i have things that fit in my macros, and stay within cals.
    I also eat every 2 hours 2 avoid this....but ya know aboit best laid plans....
  • MrCailer
    Options
    christys03 wrote: »
    I preplan and prepare meals ahead of time....then when I'm ravenous and ready 2 shove anything and everything in my face....i have things that fit in my macros, and stay within cals.
    I also eat every 2 hours 2 avoid this....but ya know aboit best laid plans....

That looks like some serious dedication ,thinking ahead for a "ravenous day". How far ahead do you plan your meals?What type of foods do you save for a time of need that fit into your macro?
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 but you are free to add me. Im good at kicking some butt
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me. I'm 46, and 13.5 lbs away from my goal.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,785 Member
    Options
    I meal prep on sundays for the week.....egg white muffins, protein oats, and sometimes ground turkey or something that I can use for many different lunches....sometimes chili.....