60 pounds in 6 months

Options
Hi everyone! Looking for friends to smash some goals with. My Goal is to lose 60 pounds within the next 6 months (or sooner) Used to be very active on here about 3 years ago but life happened and I gained 60 pounds. Now it's time to lose it and get on track again with fitness. My training style is more bodybuilding with some dreaded treadmill cardio. I follow a low fat diet with my macros consisting of 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% fat. Let's get it!

Replies

• theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    What's the rush? :s
  • jessepespinoza
    jessepespinoza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck bro you can do if "if you can dream it, you can achieve it"
  • ryanthegreat314
    ryanthegreat314 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month, how's that rushing? 2.5 pounds per week, when the recommended is 2 pounds of weightloss per week. So a whole half pound over the recommended amount. someone call the weightloss police
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I just put in a call to the weight loss police- I think it's excessive as well, but good luck!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you could consistently lose 2lbs per week, you would only lose 48lbs in 6 months. As you get closer to your goal, having a big enough deficit to lose this amount would mean you'll be under eating and exercising excessively. Your health will likely suffer and you'll suffer lots of muscle loss.

You can try for 60lbs if you want though. You might be calling an ambulance rather than the weightloss police though.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This is a Marathon.
    Not a sprint.

Short term drastic weight loss doesn't last long term. Some of us have been there Ryan.
    It's your choice after all.

Good luck mate.
  • Sunami32
    Sunami32 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Gypsiii888
    Gypsiii888 Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I’m doing 10lbs a month too just did my first month going on my second month. Keep it up