Down 26!

Options
Here's my story! No pics yet not til I'm done. I started at 240 and my goal is 150 but I'm happy to say today I'm 214! I started July 14th so I'm 5 days shy of my 3 months and have lost 26 pounds! I'm 5'5 and 26 years old. I'm 4 pounds away from prepregnancy weight too! Tips: don't beat yourself up for bad days and just keep going! Not advising this but I had my share of bad days (sometimes a week) and I've still managed to stay on track for the most part that I wanted to lose 10 a month. I don't exercise I get ~3000 steps with occasional 10,000 thrown in but it has all been diet! What helped a little was drinking a meal replacement in the mornings and lots of chicken salads lol. My diary is open so you can see I haven't kept the strictest diet plan as I still have burgers but no fries for example. All I do is make sure to not go over my calorie limit. I don't drink the meal replacements as much as in the beginning but I think it did help, it kept me full for breakfast and made it easier to reach my protein goals. I'm going to start adding exercise in now since my ingrown toenail is healing. I'm anticipating to lose 40-50 by Christmas with adding exercise in now! Thanks for reading :) what kept me going was reading the success stories so I'd like to contribute to this for others as well! Good luck to you all we can do it! Si se puede!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Great work. I love your attitude, one bad day doesn't ruin the week :)

Once you start exercising take it slow and build up, helps avoiding injuries and burn out.

Also, MFP is set up to eat your exercise back, this helps fuel your workout, just keep an eye on how much you eat back. You may have to adjust the estimates given by devices, machines, or MFP.

Cheers, h.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great work. I love your attitude, one bad day doesn't ruin the week :)

Once you start exercising take it slow and build up, helps avoiding injuries and burn out.

Also, MFP is set up to eat your exercise back, this helps fuel your workout, just keep an eye on how much you eat back. You may have to adjust the estimates given by devices, machines, or MFP.

Cheers, h.

Thank you! Yes I've heard to eat no more than half back depending on the number?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!