Am I burning off to many calories? I do not want to go into

Options
Let says that you burn about 726 calories on the treadmill at an incline a day. Then you eat 2000 calories is that ok? My remaining calories would be 1274. My BMR is 1444.085. I have always been confused on how many calories remaining you should have left over in order for your body to function properly. I am trying to get pregnant and so I want to make sure that I am not burn off to many calories. Though I do not want to gain weight. I would still like to lose a pound a week if I can. Please if anyone could answer this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• mendogirl
    Options
    if you are netting around 1200 calories then you are good to go!
  • lucky1304
    lucky1304 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MFP will do the math for you. I get confused by the numbers, but if you plus your information into MFP for a pound a week, you should get the correct numbers. Then, yes, the calories you are burning will be calories you can eat back.

One question: How far/long are you running for that 700-calorie burn? I've heard that treadmill calorie counts can be really off, and I'm only asking because I have to run about six miles (outdoors, so I don't know how the hills translate calorie-wise) to burn that many calories.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    One question: How far/long are you running for that 700-calorie burn? I've heard that treadmill calorie counts can be really off, and I'm only asking because I have to run about six miles (outdoors, so I don't know how the hills translate calorie-wise) to burn that many calories.

I burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes. So, my normal 60 min run burns 600 calories. 700 (especially on a hot or hard day) is not unusual.
  • rgalisky
    rgalisky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You need to look at things on a weekly basis and the weekly trend. One day blimps up and down will not hurt you.
  • lucky1304
    lucky1304 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes. So, my normal 60 min run burns 600 calories. 700 (especially on a hot or hard day) is not unusual.

Right. That's what I find too. 100 calories per 10 minutes, more or less.
  • jenniferhiggins
    jenniferhiggins Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I actually have the treadmill incline on 15 and my speed is 3.7,
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My remaining calories would be 1274. My BMR is 1444.085.

Your BMR is the basically the number of calories your body needs at complete rest. So 1274 is by far not enough. And unless you're laying in bed all day doing pretty much nothing, 1444 is likely not enough either.

http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/#metabolism