Weight Watchers and Calories/nutrition

Options
I am living the Weight Watchers lifestyle and losing weight, but at one of my meetings they talked about entering your food on MFP and looking st the calories and nutrition info. So, today I started to do that. For the day I have used 34 points which would include all of my 30 dailies and 4 of my 28 weekly points. MFP says I need to have more calories to lose 1 pound a week???? Also, what should the nutrition % look like? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Did the leader suggest that or other members? How much weight are you losing on average per week? If its about 1lb a week that's great, if substantially overweight weight 1% of weekly start weight is also good.

It can be confusing to attempt to marry up weight watchers points with calories. If you are losing a healthy sustainable weight loss I don't think I would bother at this stage attempting to do so.

• Kaley6819
    Kaley6819 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks “TipToe...”. I have lost 47 pounds and have 10 more to my WW goal. lam losing very slowly, less than a pound a week, but steadily losing. The discussion was about 0 point foods and how they can distort what you are eating. Another meeting goer brought it up and the leader suggested doing it if you thought you weren’t losing as you thought you should be. The other member said that she often has all of her MFP calories, but doesn’t have all of her WW points. Today, my day was the opposite. Interesting, but I’m not sure what to do with the info!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What a strange suggestion for one program to recommend logging on another. So WW is basically saying their program isn't working? That should tell you enough there.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Do you eat all of your weeklies? I always incorporated my weeklies into my dailies (7 maximum weeklies per day), and I've had great success. 54 lbs down solely on Weight Watchers. I'm trying to wean myself off of WW and focus more on my nutrition/macronutrients. I missed full fat food, dude!

Try eating your full caloric goal for a week and tracking alongside with WW. It was eye opening for me, and I lost weight eating more!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Kaley6819 wrote: »
    Thanks “TipToe...”. I have lost 47 pounds and have 10 more to my WW goal. lam losing very slowly, less than a pound a week, but steadily losing. The discussion was about 0 point foods and how they can distort what you are eating. Another meeting goer brought it up and the leader suggested doing it if you thought you weren’t losing as you thought you should be. The other member said that she often has all of her MFP calories, but doesn’t have all of her WW points. Today, my day was the opposite. Interesting, but I’m not sure what to do with the info!

If you aren't eating a lot of starchy veges and fruit, those zero point foods won't have too many calories in them.

Well done on your loss so far...the last 10lbs will likely come off slowly but with patience you will get there.

If you have been doing great so far, I wouldn't do anything with the info yet. Worry about it all if and when you reach a plateau (no weigh loss over four weeks) or if you gain weight consistently over a few weeks.

As you get closer to goal weight, weight loss will slow down and there will be a week here and there that there may be a gain or no loss, all this is normal.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I still attend meetings for support, but double track Points and calories or else I gain on 30 pts. Too many 0 or 1 and 2 point foods. So I can have a 30 pt day but go over 2000 calories. I get 1350.

And although I've explained that both my dr and nutritionist want me to track here to manage a medical condition and that I lose and maintain better counting calories, she shuts me down every time I mention MFP and my 65 lb (16 of it with double tracking) weight loss. So it's odd that any suggestion of it is allowed at your meeting.