Not getting enough calories?

I have been eating a lot of food, but I am not hitting my calorie goal at least 2 days out of this week. Those two days I did eat way less than normal, but I just didn't feel hungry at all... I'm worried that I'll not eat enough and will gain weight still. Any ideas how to hit my calorie goal without overdoing it? Like I don't feel like eating and don't want to force myself. You can add me and go over my diary with me as well! :) I'd appreciate it!

Replies

• davidgruninger
    davidgruninger Posts: 5 Member
    Well I saw ur one post that you are doing a strict diet now?? I'm going to guess that you might be eating more while food?? Sorry I don't know how to add friends so I can't see your diet. If you eat less processed food, then you will get more nutrients (protein, fiber, carbs, vitamins, fats, etc..) therefore you can "eat less" but get more from it. And if your drinking lots of water will always help.
  • Dozer8814
    Dozer8814 Posts: 29 Member
    You don't gain weight by eating too little. If you don't feel hungry then there is no reason to eat.

Thanks! I always thought you did!!! That is good. lol thanks. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Dozer8814 wrote: »
    You don't gain weight by eating too little. If you don't feel hungry then there is no reason to eat.

Thanks! I always thought you did!!! That is good. lol thanks. :)

If that was the case how would people starve to death?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Absolutely no evidence that eating too little can lead to weight gain, even in the most extreme circumstances (severe, prolonged calorie restrict). Here's some light reading for you: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/another-look-at-metabolic-damage.html/

That said, regularly being well below your calorie goal is not a good thing. Occasionally, fine, it happens. If you do find it happening frequently, add some higher calorie, nutrient dense foods: nuts and nut butters, avocado, full fat dairy, oils for cooking and salads, etc.