The "C" Word - men, just go away. You don't understand.

Options
2»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite at 102 pounds when I did nothing but cardio. Then I started a heavy lifting program, did a lot of compound movements like deadlifts, squats, lunges, etc., gained 7 pounds and lifted HEAVY (like deadlifting 1.5x my body weight) and now it is 99.9% gone!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    A major cause of cellulite is estrogen and cellulite is also hereditary. Losing weight and toning will help but there is nothing guaranteed to eliminate it.

I'm sorry. :(
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite at 102 pounds when I did nothing but cardio. Then I started a heavy lifting program, did a lot of compound movements like deadlifts, squats, lunges, etc., gained 7 pounds and lifted HEAVY (like deadlifting 1.5x my body weight) and now it is 99.9% gone!
    That's awesome! I'm glad to hear you conquered it! It seems going heavy fixes most fitness related problems. ;)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Running made mine run for the hills! Some strength training too. Some lunges and squats. But mostly running.

I had dimples in my butt and thighs when I was a skinny 15 year old. It's gone. I didn't think it would ever be gone, but it's gone. Hallelujah!
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    I asked my cousin, who is a nurse, once if cellulite ever goes away ... and she told me no. I don't recall her exact reasoning. But, I am still hoping that it will eventually disappear.
    I hate it too. :[
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    The only time I got rid of it ALL (and it started at age 11) was when I was a walking skeleton at 99 pounds (I am 5'6")
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I really do need to remind myself of the reality of airbrushing *LOL*

Airbrushing example:
    http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/bikini/bikini2.html

THATS NUTS! but i believe it
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I had this conversation with my guy friend today! He made a comment about a skinny girl who had it... I blew up! I was like "Every woman I know has cellulite and there's not a damn thing we can do about it!! You wouldn't understand!!" lol :D Of course, idk if there is a cure for this evil, but enlighten me if there is!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies. ... . let me just say. . .. .if a guy judges you based on having cellulite or not. . . then he is not someone that you want to be with. . . Geesh. . .we have more substance than that. . .

You want a gentlemen that loves and cares about you for who you are not whether you look like a supermodel. . that is the whole problem with society is people think they are going to look like these "AIRBRUSHED" computer generated , liposuctioning, starving, waifs of a women. . . .Where the camera is king. . .

Spare me. .. I am a Christian lady. .. . going to school. . .run my own business and a single mother. . .. I get respect because of who I am not for what the heck I look like. .

I like my body. . . I want to be healthier and drop down a few lbs. . . but I will love myself at this weight and when i reach a lower weight. . .

CELLULITE. . . now there are things you can do. . it will not totally get rid of it. . you can do cellulite massage with your hands made in fists with lotion or a massage tool. . . It will help the fat to break up and disperce. . . and there are some good topical cellulite creams that will lesson the appearance of it. . Hope this helps. ...

One of my favorite you can find at Bath and body. . :bigsmile:
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I was a size 7 back in the day and i didnt wear shorts because i had it... I still had massive thighs so that might be why...
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    sure all the diet creams work!!! ha ha no...i think once it grows on areas it stays there, reduces a bit but nevery really goes away.
  • big_beautiful
    Options
    i hate the c word i also have it as well and i don't think they'll be gone forever though i wish lol
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've always had it. Since I was a (skinny) teenager.

If your legs are fair, self tanner works wonders at covering it.
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a guy but the c word,I know all about ,for starters cut out all carbonate drinks its 1 of the leading causes,there is more but for most people carbonated drinks even no sugar/no calorie contributes! Sorry for intruding your topic but I am 13 yrs married and have helped my wife a lot with here goals,feel free to add me as for I have beyond hit and maintained my goals and ever exceeded what I thought possible,Aloha & my support to all of u - Keola
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It does get better at least. Check out my profile pic, you can tell in my thighs especially that the "c word" is far less noticeable.
  • Janeway72
    Options
    Apparently men do get cellulite. Ours is more pronounced because we have torpedo shaped fat cells and men had soccer ball shaped fat cells. That's what I learned when I worked in a health food shop, anyway. (You wouldn't think I spent 6 years in a health food shop to look at me though).