Weight gain ‘fluctuations’ for me are not temporary

Options

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I was looking at your diary, and all other things aside, have you tried eating more than once or twice a day? Maybe you need to eat more than one or two big meals to feel satisfied. Eat 3 smaller meals, or toss a snack in there.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was looking at your diary, and all other things aside, have you tried eating more than once or twice a day? Maybe you need to eat more than one or two big meals to feel satisfied. Eat 3 smaller meals, or toss a snack in there.

You definitely don't have to stick to one or two meals a day. That's probably why you're starving. For my 1800 calories, my normal eating day looked as follows:

10AM: 1 medium piece of fruit (100 calories)

12PM: Large deli sandwich, wheat bread, 5 oz lunch meat, 1 oz. cheese, all the pickles, pepper spread, lettuce, and mustard I can handle (500 calories)

3PM: Snack worth 150 to 200 calories

6PM: Dinner worth 800-900 calories

8:30PM: Snack worth 150-200 calories (usually cottage cheese with berries or jam)

Lunch and dinner were really large and the snacks were enough to keep the edge off hunger throughout the day. I chose not to burn any calories on beverages or alcohol during the week because I will admit that I was walking a razor's edge with my hunger management. I did occasionally find myself getting hangry if I missed or delayed a meal but I rarely felt like I was depriving myself of anything.
  • phwdjones
    phwdjones Posts: 37 Member
    Options

That's a good plan, yes. I have a huge appetite though so its very hard to have smaller meals, when I eat I eat big.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    phwdjones wrote: »

That's a good plan, yes. I have a huge appetite though so its very hard to have smaller meals, when I eat I eat big.

Big glass of water 10-20 minutes before meal. Big plate of salad or steamed veggies first. Smaller portions of the rest after that. You'll cut calories, and still get that full feeling.

And FFS dude, throw your scale away. You've got to be going nuts. Take measurements instead, and work for new personal bests at the gym. When you get to your goal, you're just gonna rocket right back the way you are living.

Throw your scale away. Manage your sodium. BREATHE.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd put the scale away. That number does not define you! Focus on a workout goal and how your clothes feel. I've gained and lost the same 3lbs for a month now, although my pants are fitting a bit looser and a co-worker has mentioned she is impressed with my weight loss so far.