Low calorie alcohol...

Options

Replies

• Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It’s not lower calorie, but I find a shot of dry sherry very satisfying, so it winds up being lower calorie. Same with scotch. Since I’m not drinking for nutrition, the satisfaction vs. calories is most important.

Other wise, Sauvignon blanc tends to be lower calorie and can have a higher alcohol content than some other wines. Plain vodka with a flavored soda water is also low calorie. I think 70 per shot usually.
  • SweetAsPie872
    SweetAsPie872 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found out (after the bottle was gone) that Skyy Vodka (750ml) has over 1700+ calories. That's crazy! If only we could learn to make it jelcaps, lol! So jk...or am I?
  • jenniferweiner76
    jenniferweiner76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tequila with club soda and a lime
  • 2MaB_
    2MaB_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra for sure
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    IIRC, light colored alcohol is lower in calories than dark.

This is not true. Guiness has less calories than budweiser. Color means nothing.

Source: I am a former brewer
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    IIRC, light colored alcohol is lower in calories than dark.

This is not true. Guiness has less calories than budweiser. Color means nothing.

Source: I am a former brewer

Typically, it's the alcohol content that drives the calories. Guinness is on the lower end at 4.2, most (at least up here in Canada) are in the 5 range.

Sleemans has Clear 2.0 at 4%, 2g carbs and 83 calories. And it tastes way better than a Bud. I still prefer Guinness, but this is my new hot weather go to beer.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Vodka & soda with lime.. and I find I feel less hungover the next day because I'm drinking a good amount of water with each drink. So it's a win win.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    gi8xxenc25qu.png
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Cider; beer; glass of wine; or shot - I just build it into my calories in place of my usual 1 oz peanut butter.... (190 calories)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I found out (after the bottle was gone) that Skyy Vodka (750ml) has over 1700+ calories. That's crazy! If only we could learn to make it jelcaps, lol! So jk...or am I?

Well that is 68 cals per ounce (30ml), so not too bad, the whole bottle happens to have 25 oz though, which is a lot.
  • kellieinkc
    kellieinkc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sparkling wine/champagne is lower in calories than regular wine. I think it's around the 100 calorie mark for a 4 or 5 ounce pour, but don't quote me on that. Trader Joe's has a really nice Blanc de Blancs for $5.99.
  • stelafaro
    stelafaro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    if you want some real alcohol, Tequila wtih Blue Agave is lowest in calorie and highest in nutrition
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    stelafaro wrote: »
    if you want some real alcohol, Tequila wtih Blue Agave is lowest in calorie and highest in nutrition

What nutrients does it have?
  • kellieinkc
    kellieinkc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    stelafaro wrote: »

What nutrients does it have?

It's made from a plant therefore it's Paleo?
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Captain and diet coke is about as low as you can get for the alcohol content. And its delicous.
  • Cynthia1066
    Cynthia1066 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Echoing what others have said: I stick to spirits (whisky, vodka) with club soda. Once in a while, a light beer. I measure it out and religiously record the calories. The problem is, if I drink too much (more than two shots), I'm inclined to eat more. It's a tricky balance, but I'm not willing to give up the pleasure of booze entirely!
  • jserr275
    jserr275 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    g9br7yf9srab.png
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Vodka or Tequila straight