What is the most supportive thing someone has done for you on your journey?

Options
I know when it boils down to it, only we can male or break our journey. It is still nice though when someone else does something to show their support of our decisions.

Mine actually happened this morning. My boyfriend does not understand anything about calories or calorie counting. I've tried to explain it to him but his eyes just glaze over. He is lucky that he has the innate ability to only eat when he's hungry and not overeat.

Normally, I eat a bowl of cereal before I take him to work. This morning I woke up to him handing me a bowl of cereal in bed because he wanted to let me sleep in. It was sweet, so I figured I'd just write this one off because I couldn't log what he gave me.

On our way out the door he pointed out a piece of paper where he had the weights for the cereal and milk. When I asked him why he did that he just shrugged and said "well I see you weighing your food all the time and I don't understand it, but it seems important to you so I figured it didn't take that much work to do it for you."

It felt nice to know that he supports me even though he has no clue what I am doing. He knows it's important to me and that's enough reason for him to help out.

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    He sounds like a great guy and very supportive. My husband will weigh my ingredients if he makes a meal for me and I appreciate it. He isn't into tracking calories himself, but he knows how important it is to me.

Same here. You're lucky, @PrincessSlytherin!
  • PrincessSlytherin
    PrincessSlytherin Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    AFGP11 wrote: »
    He sounds like a great guy and very supportive. My husband will weigh my ingredients if he makes a meal for me and I appreciate it. He isn't into tracking calories himself, but he knows how important it is to me.

Same here. You're lucky, @PrincessSlytherin!

Thank you! It's things like that, that really make me appreciate him. Especially since I've been in relationships that were on the other aide of the spectrum.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My DH definitely has been supportive every day since I started 3 years ago..he still weighs everything for me when he makes something for me (I do the same for him)..we workout together (same time anyways we do our own things)...he helps me make healthier choices but never criticizes me when I don't. In fact he encourages me to not deprive myself as I work hard..but sometimes I have a hard time just enjoying myself at the same time...he helps with this immensely!

OP that was the sweetest and most considerate thing..he is a keeper for sure.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Awwww that is so sweet!!!

My husband is very supportive of me. We like to eat out and do often, so what he does for me is always offers to go places that have calorie information available (sorry wonderful mom and pop restaurants we miss you).
    If he suggests something, he will look online to be sure I have options that I like there that have good, solid nutrition facts.
    Guessing is just not worth it to me any more unless it's a very special occasion!