What is the most supportive thing someone has done for you on your journey?

Options

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    The biggest support I've gotten was from the case managers at the hospital I was in earlier this year for a foot infection (which has since fully healed). They had also found early signs of CHF (diastolic variety, which means the heart is too strong to completely fill with blood when it pumps) so they helped with lots of paperwork to get me financial help to not only help pay for my hospital stay, but to get a cardio scholarship for cardiac rehab to help treat the CHF (the scholarship pays for 18 classes). They're also currently looking for ways to pay for a year's gym membership for me after my classes are finished.
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @PrincessSlytherin - that’s amazing! My partner tries to be supportive, but doesn’t understand the importance of weighing. It has taken him a little while to remember that I would need to know all the ingredients, let alone the amounts! He is very supportive in other ways though
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    My wife tries to be supportive, but she is also one who buys into whatever has shown up in her FB feed that day so I did have to tell her to back off and let me do it my way.

She knows I will weigh stuff. If she makes something new, she knows to give me the recipe. I'm teaching her to just send me the URL so I can import it.

She has seen 100+ lbs drop off so she knows what I'm doing is working and is very happy.

Some of the folks at work are really good about cheering me to run.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Awesome story, @PrincessSlytherin. My hubby will ask what I can have for dinner when he is cooking. He willingly goes to whatever restaurant I can make work. He also has been very, very supportive of my powerlifting training, even though it's a bit spendy and takes a lot of time at the gym that I am not spending with him. TBH, he really enjoys the #squatbooty. ;)
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That so super sweet. I love my husband and he is super supportive, though he doesn't understand the calorie counting either. His favorite word is you can't have that. I am working on him to use the word shouldn't because I can have what ever I want. He eats really healthy so he supports me in by cooking and help shopping for healthier foods to eat. He more than happy to get up for a walk when I don't want to go by myself. He is my support we are just working on wording. Some one telling me I can't have something makes me want to do it even more.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Such wonderful stories in this thread!

I think the most supportive thing to happen to me is my husband, a natural night owl, putting up with the alarm going off at 4:30 every morning when I get up to exercise. He's always woken up by it and always good humored about it. He falls right back to sleep, so I'm sure that helps.
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That so super sweet. I love my husband and he is super supportive, though he doesn't understand the calorie counting either. His favorite word is you can't have that. I am working on him to use the word shouldn't because I can have what ever I want. He eats really healthy so he supports me in by cooking and help shopping for healthier foods to eat. He more than happy to get up for a walk when I don't want to go by myself. He is my support we are just working on wording. Some one telling me I can't have something makes me want to do it even more.

I hear what you're saying about the wording. Oh how words hold so much power. 'Sticks and stones my *kitten*!' LOL. Your husband, in the way he supports you, reminds me of mine. Sounds like you were fortunate to be partnered with a good man. :-)
  • Rebirth08
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    My fiance is excellent at reigning me in from fast food and restaurants. Without him, I'd be a balloon.

He has lost over 100lbs while we've been together, and now he has abs! He's become very active and fit, he's definitely an inspiration to me.

So... his support has been just existing around me, haha.

Oh this is beautiful!!!!!
  • Rebirth08
    Options
    Took a while, but my husband is really getting behind me now because he sees how important it is for me to stick with it. Every night I walk a mile or two with the dog, and every night I invite him to come along. He always says no, and I figure it's his choice and I'll never force him to come along. Last night I made it about 3 blocks out and I heard someone running behind me - it was my husband. He ran to catch up because he changed his mind and wanted to come along. We went about 2 miles and it was just lovely having some company.

Oh I'm in love with love! He loves you and he gets it! I'm so happy for you all! And you loved him enough to not push him!!! Yes!!!!
  • Rebirth08
    Options
    My wife tries to be supportive, but she is also one who buys into whatever has shown up in her FB feed that day so I did have to tell her to back off and let me do it my way.

She knows I will weigh stuff. If she makes something new, she knows to give me the recipe. I'm teaching her to just send me the URL so I can import it.

She has seen 100+ lbs drop off so she knows what I'm doing is working and is very happy.

Some of the folks at work are really good about cheering me to run.

LOL, at least wifey is trying, right? Sometimes, we do have to respectfully tell our spouses to give us a little breathing room. I hope she has been listening, but I hope you aren't too harsh with her. Sounds like she cares a lot for you.

Good for your coworkers. The support is always nice to have around.
  • Rebirth08
    Options
    weat0043 wrote: »
    anruaf9ajvyo.png

I was out for a walk and I get this... :smile:

Awww I'm about to cry!!!!!! That is so sweet!