Something besides peanut butter, please ...

Options
13»

Replies

• Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wilfred.bmp.jpg

"But Ryan, it was peanut butter"
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I always make things on an English Muffin for my other half in the morning.
    Some of the favorites are:
    Smart Balance Butter + Strawberry jam/sliced strawberries + thinly sliced 1/3 banana
    Smart Balance Butter + Slice of provolone cheese + Pear jam (or grape jam, or apricot jam would work)
    Provolone cheese + scrambled egg
    and my personal favorite is...
    1 tbs sunflower butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that Nutella stuff, but I have not tried it. It may be less calories. It's supposed to be some type of chocolate-hazelnut spread.

Nutella is fab!!!! But I don't think it's low-cal. Could be wrong. Would be great if I am. I love that stuff!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 serving of natural Jiff creamy on my raisin bread. I use Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Lite on my thin bagels. Or I'll eat a bowl of Product 19 with skim milk. That's generally my breakfast menu.
  • mlaraway
    Options
    Maybe just have 1 Tbs? I LOVE PB!
  • crazywheaten
    Options
    Almond Butter--1 T is 90 calories. I am completely addicted to it!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Why not just stick with the peanut butter? It's good stuff, even the fats in it are mostly the "good" kind. Only thing I would suggest, is to get natural peanut butter.

If you just want something different for a change of pace, try Hummus.
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Lights are DELICIOUS. They have a variety of flavor with only 35 calories per wedge

second this, they are awesome.

I bug them every month or so about making a ranch flavored light wedge! I LOVE LAUGHING COW!!!

Also you can make an excellent apple dip by mixing 1 tsp of brown sugar with 1 wedge of the light original and a drop of vanilla. :happy:
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    PB2. Taste exactly like peanut butter and has only 45 calories per 2 tbsp
    I second this. It's good.
  • mbrannan77
    mbrannan77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you love peanut butter, you can try PB2. It's powdered peanut butter; you just add water, and it's less calories. My mom and my sister say it tastes just the same; I haven't tried it yet.